Page 231 of 355 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3541

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Quote Originally Posted by CB1968 View Post
    Recently traded with another forum member and i thought i would post the before and after shots, i am liking the new profile....

I like the second one better. Before it looks like the tip was quite high , now it looks just right . Time to put a beautiful patina on it!!

New arrival from David Roeder. This was a special order by a customer of his. The customer welched on the deal and he put it up for sale and I snatched it up. It's 5160 with a snakewood handle. I just got got it and it feels ok. Not super but just ok. The handle was built for a catchers mitt so I will be modifying it so it fits my hand. Sorry for the pics quality. Can't seem to find our good camera.
    Just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it...

Profile looks kind of like a shun. When I first saw the picture I thought I was a shun. Looks nice anyway

He said the customer wanted the Shun handle profile but it was 10-20% larger overall. I have a few Shun's and the handles are quite a bit smaller.

It is definitely different with the ricasso done like a standard type hunting knife. How does that affect the balance and use.

The balance is not too bad. I just received it so usage characteristics are unknown. David Roeder doesn't typically make kitchen knives but does make a lot of hunters and edc knives. Here are some pics next to my Shun Nakiri 5" to show you the differences in the handle size.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerjohn View Post
    David Roeder doesn't typically make kitchen knives but does make a lot of hunters and edc knives.
    no kidding.

I'm not so sure I like that knife to be honest..that profile just doesn't fly with me at all. Hope you make it to your tastes though

Quote Originally Posted by masibu View Post
    I'm not so sure I like that knife to be honest..that profile just doesn't fly with me at all. Hope you make it to your tastes though
    I will say that it was a whim purchase. I may reshape the handle to fit my hands or wave it under a nose or two at the OKCA show.

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post
    How you liking the Zakuri? I've got a 165mm Tosagata and 135mm funayuki on the way.
    It's great. Very sharp OOTB. The handle though large and robust still feels appropriate for the blade. Fit and finish isn't great but I think that's part of the reason I love these rustic knives from Tosa.