Quantcast
Show your newest knife buy - Page 242
+ Reply to Thread
Page 242 of 315 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3141

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

The pictures I've seen of the Itonomon show pretty thin grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    The pictures I've seen of the Itonomon show pretty thin grinds.
    Mine was fairly thin. The emoto was pretty comfy too. Too tall and light for my taste though.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Wow, my western is anything but light. It's tipping close to 300 grams. It is fairly thin behind the edge, though.
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Wow, my western is anything but light. It's tipping close to 300 grams. It is fairly thin behind the edge, though.
    Sorry, I was referring to the wa-kurouchi in Jacob's link.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Gotcha. Still surprised in the variations between western and wa...
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Itinomonn's are fantastic, and I'd rock only one of them happily, if I had to.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Itinomonn's are fantastic, and I'd rock only one of them happily, if I had to.
    +1
    Cassoulet, like life itself, isn't as easy as it seems...

So it was a rough morning, but it all gets better serendipitously. I stopped by Carter Cutlery this afternoon to look at knives and make myself feel better. I didn't intend on retail therapy... Well, ended up having the immense pleasure of watching and chatting with Murray while he finished this nakiri. Of course, which I promptly bought! It was my lucky day. He said customers normally don't get to go back into the shop. What an amazing experience! My first and certainly won't be my last Carter!

Not the best pictures, but took them in failing light indoors because it was raining outside and couldn't find my tripod. My apologies.

Carter 5.1 sun kuro-uchi nakiri in shirogami #1.

Generic handle since it was a very last minute and unplanned completion of this piece. No other handles fit. I may or may not replace it. I rather like the simple handle! I'll write up a quick blurb tomorrow about my visit after I get some sleep.

A huge thanks for Murray, Kenny (I hope, I only caught his name once), and Jason!!

Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by gavination View Post
    So it was a rough morning, but it all gets better serendipitously. I stopped by Carter Cutlery this afternoon to look at knives and make myself feel better. I didn't intend on retail therapy... Well, ended up having the immense pleasure of watching and chatting with Murray while he finished this nakiri. Of course, which I promptly bought! It was my lucky day. He said customers normally don't get to go back into the shop. What an amazing experience! My first and certainly won't be my last Carter!

Not the best pictures, but took them in failing light indoors because it was raining outside and couldn't find my tripod. My apologies.

Carter 5.1 sun kuro-uchi nakiri in shirogami #1.

Generic handle since it was a very last minute and unplanned completion of this piece. No other handles fit. I may or may not replace it. I rather like the simple handle! I'll write up a quick blurb tomorrow about my visit after I get some sleep.

A huge thanks for Murray, Kenny (I hope, I only caught his name once), and Jason!!

Gavin.

thats awesome man.... im both jealous and relived it wasnt me(i;d have bought the store out )

Nice. I picked up a no frill, "2 rivet" Carter Nakiri (165 - my conversion program does not do Suns). Not always the first knife I reach for but definitely fun knife to use. Your rehandle options, should you go that route, may be limited if it's a half tang. Dave M did a hidden tang western on mine that I like a lot.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

+ Reply to Thread