Page 255 of 356 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 3558

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Holy cr*p those mosaic damascus knives are sick!

Quote Originally Posted by jamaster14 View Post
    now what to do with 200,000 paper thin slices of onion???
    Wiener Saftgulasch
    Viennese Goulash

1kg beef (or pork, venison, lamb - whatever fancies your taste)
    1kg onions
    4 cloves of garlic
    1 tsp. caraway
    1 tbsp. marjoram
    4 tbsp. paprika
    1 tbsp. vinegar
    1 tsp. tomato paste
    stock
    butter / oil
    salt
    pepper

Dice the onions as fine as possible. Roast them to a dark brown color, but don't let them get burned.
    Add caraway, marjoram, paprika, tomato paste, vinegar and the garlic (either diced or squeezed(?), however you like).

Stir it, let the tomato paste and paprika unfold their full taste. Add diced meat (don't dice it too small) and stock until everything is just covered (you can add more later, if needed).

Let it simmer for at least 1h, 2-3h are preferred to get the meat really tender.

Serve just the goulash, or with some rice, white bread or some bread dumplings.

Quote Originally Posted by brianh View Post
    Did you get the 165mm nakiri?
    no i got the 180mm one
    “A home cook who relies too much on a recipe is sort of like a pilot who reads the plane’s instruction manual while flying.” – Alton Brown

Not a buy, but the generous giveaway from Tosho from the forum giveaway contest. Pics of the Konosuke-Sakai Fujiyama Ginsanko 240mm Kiritsuke with rosewood d-shaped handle. Excellent fit and finish, looks to be a great foray into single bevels. Now I need to learn how to properly use the thing! So far used to julienne peppers, scallions, whisper thin onion slices, and to slice a large slab of beef. Edge that came on it was super sharp, but wondering how much more sharp it can be. Pondering taking her to the stones, but am watching single bevel vids first.

Any thoughts on common tasks best suited for this knife? I am a home cook, so will go out of my way to find ways to use it, but have also ready it is best suited for a few specific tasks, I.e. Usuba and yanagiba hybrid. Thanks again Tosho!

Beautiful! I'd talk to Tosho before putting it to the stones, it looks like they probably did the initial sharpening at their shop.

Be well,
    Mikey
    Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

What an awesome score! Kudos to Tosho for such a spectacular giveaway!

Well, I just sent payment to Mr. Lisch for my first damascus knife ever!!! I can't tell you how excited I am to receive this bad boy sometime this week. I can't upload pics to imageshack anymore since they now charge. Here's a link to some pictures that David posted over on blade forums. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...Damascus-Gyuto I will report back with details once I receive it. For the profile, I sent David a tracing of my Shigefusa since the original knife he made was not what I was looking for. This new one looks fantastic and the pattern is out of this world.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Congrats - beautiful knife. I like the selections that Tosho is offering with the Kono line.

Quote Originally Posted by skiajl6297 View Post
    Any thoughts on common tasks best suited for this knife? I am a home cook, so will go out of my way to find ways to use it, but have also ready it is best suited for a few specific tasks, I.e. Usuba and yanagiba hybrid. Thanks again Tosho!
    Very nice knife!. You can always shave with it. u know i would

Happy, Happy, Happy!

This is what was waiting in my mail box, when I got home. Two re-handle conversions, Wa from western by Greased Bullet & Tanaka 240mm Yanigiba. The first one on the left is a Myabi 8" "Evolution" chef's knife. Middle is a Lauderjung 14" chef's knife. Both re-handled knives, additionally, have been ground to a kiritsuke tip. The Tanaka is from B/S/T & have not had a chance to use it, however, am very pleased with the overall appearance. I would also like to add what a pleasure it was working with Greased Bullet: very professional, very competitively priced & extremely punctual. Thank you KKF, would not been possible with out all the good people from this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Well, I just sent payment to Mr. Lisch for my first damascus knife ever!!! I can't tell you how excited I am to receive this bad boy sometime this week. I can't upload pics to imageshack anymore since they now charge. Here's a link to some pictures that David posted over on blade forums. http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...Damascus-Gyuto I will report back with details once I receive it. For the profile, I sent David a tracing of my Shigefusa since the original knife he made was not what I was looking for. This new one looks fantastic and the pattern is out of this world.
    Mark Farley / Burl Source
    Phone 541-287-1029, Email burlsource@gmail.com
    Visit our web store