Quantcast
Show your newest knife buy - Page 279
Page 279 of 342 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3415

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

A new Chefs knife

I just received this Chefs knife from John Etzler

It is 12 Inches overall with a 6 1/2 cutting edge. Flat ground from AEB-L with a hand rubbed finish. RCH 62-63. 1 13/16 tall at heal. Skeletonized and tapered tang with Koa scales and SS pins.

Kevin

WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard78 View Post
    I have just received these beautiful Yoshikane SLD knives. I could not be any happier.

Richard, al je geld op zeker? :P

Great acquisitions! Very, very jealous.

@erikz
    Budget is helemaal op, voorlopig maar naar de voedselbank
    Thanks for the compliment

Quote Originally Posted by cheflarge View Post
    WOW!!!
    Same thing I said when I took it out of the box.

My Ealy mini nakiri just arrived:

Very happy with it, just killed a couple of shallots with it and its pretty fun to use.

looks like a giant kamisori

Hehe it does! I think it looks like a sperm whale too

Here's a new knife made by an American blade smith named Salem Straub. I first learned of his work through another forum and admired not only his craftsmanship but also his philosophy on knife making. He only makes the type of blades that personally interest him, knives that inspire him to take his craft to the next level, which means he typically doesn't taken commissions. I happened to catch him at the right time since he was having fun forging chef knives. I had seen a design of his that caught my eye, and I had seen some of his other work specifically with W2 and hamons. I contacted Mr. Straub and found out he was still very much interested in making gyutos so I told him to make one for me. I let him choose all of the options, steel, handle materials and finish, I had only requested a french profile.

Here's the result
    W2 with hamon
    Black Ash burl handle with Micarta bolster
    Speaking from an aesthetic point of view, the knife's craftsmanship is 100% spot on. I have not had a chance to use the knife yet so function is still up in the air, and the handle requires a very minor adjustment to my style of pinch grip, which might not effect others.

Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Stereo.Pete, I really liked that one when I saw it over yonder. Salem's work definitely has a look unique to him. And I really like the black ash burl, my first comissioned knife had that on it. I"ll be interested to see how you like it when you put it to use. Also, I'd like to see a pic in the pinch grip, and what adjustments you had to make.

Reed