Quantcast
Show your newest knife buy - Page 30
Page 30 of 342 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    the Gengetsu is my new benchmark. looking forward to getting the Honyaki from Maxim, though, to see how they compare.
    They set a pretty high bar. I'm glad you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Fed View Post
    10 in chef and 6 inch utility from the gamme antique from the K sabatier shop in france. Grind is a little un even, F&F is a little rough but it doesn't bother me. I have a weird love for all things sabatier as long as they're older or NOS. The nogent from TBT had to go back. Apparently they're grinding them differently at the moment and it may have well been a western deba. Very thick and heavy. No good. One would think they would mention that on the website. Big time bummer I was really looking forward to having a nice nogent in the kit.

sounds like you may have accidentally gotten a chef de chef instead of a regular chef knife. try Bernal cutlery online they have the same Sabatiers at a good price.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I knew my new knife was coming today so I raided the garden for chard, carrots, shallots, and onions. Also picked up a nice big knob of chuckroast. Going to give it a workout and make a pot of stew at the same time. It's so AWESOME!

Thanks again Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    sounds like you may have accidentally gotten a chef de chef instead of a regular chef knife. try Bernal cutlery online they have the same Sabatiers at a good price.
    That's exactly what I thought, and suggested but the woman on the other end of the phone said that's just how they were coming in. I'm supposed to be getting a call when the next shipment comes in, in December if they get properly ground nogents in.

Just came in, one of the 270mm kasumi Yoshihide ( One of Shigefusa sons) with integral bolster.
    The knife has massive clouds on the cladding, the bolster included, that are not showing on camera right now, but after I polish with natural stones will come out nicely.
    I am waiting for one very nicely figured set of Desert Ironwood scales to arrive and will do my first rehandle ever on this knife.

Can't wait to see how that turns out! It's certainly a beautiful blade.

Wow! That is going to look amazing. Congratulations, nice score

Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post
    Just came in, one of the 270mm kasumi Yoshihide ( One of Shigefusa sons) with integral bolster.
    The knife has massive clouds on the cladding, the bolster included, that are not showing on camera right now, but after I polish with natural stones will come out nicely.
    I am waiting for one very nicely figured set of Desert Ironwood scales to arrive and will do my first rehandle ever on this knife.

Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Quote Originally Posted by mainaman View Post

That is a heckuva good looking knife.

Last two that showed up, and probably last two for this year: Shigefusa Kasumi Yo-Gyuto 240mm and Heiji Semi-Stainless Kurouchi Damascus Santoku 210mm.