Page 31 of 342 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    I knew my new knife was coming today so I raided the garden for chard, carrots, shallots, and onions. Also picked up a nice big knob of chuckroast. Going to give it a workout and make a pot of stew at the same time. It's so AWESOME!

Thanks again Dave.

Oh so you're the person with excellent taste who snagged the hero of all hiros. Well done with that purchase and also with the planning and foresight to have a big pile of stuff to cut up waiting and ready for as soon as you took it out of the box. I need to start doing that on new knife days.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Just got this one today, but I can already tell I am gonna like it. 270mm Tad. Gyuto
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3005.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	11541  

Don't see many of them about now. Interesting to see what you think of it

Well i know it's not anything special, especially with the amazing custom work available here, but after lots of help and feedback from the group round here I actually order a 240 gyoto from carbonext. Being new to this site and the knife culture I am excited to get it and own a real knife, rather than the hodge podge from box stores that I currently have.

Thanks again everyone for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Notaskinnychef View Post
    Well i know it's not anything special, especially with the amazing custom work available here, but after lots of help and feedback from the group round here I actually order a 240 gyoto from carbonext. Being new to this site and the knife culture I am excited to get it and own a real knife, rather than the hodge podge from box stores that I currently have.

Hope you enjoy your new purchase! Pics and a review are always appreciated!(says the guy with no means to upload pics...)
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Nice looking knife. Let us know how you like it. Big fan of the Tads.

Well considering this will be my first quality knife im sure I will blown away by it, but once it and my new block arrives (20*20*3 end grain) i will take a few pictures for sure.

Was kinda odd never holding the knife before I bought it. So I weighted all my current knifes, measured blades and grips and kinda made a hybrid/freak show knife with taped on weights and such to give me an idea of what the size and weight would be. Ofc the balance was crap but it gave me some idea of what's to come

Well considering this will be my first quality knife im sure I will blown away by it, but once it and my new block arrives (20*20*3 end grain) i will take a few pictures for sure.
    Congratulations on pulling the trigger! I don't think most of us get to handle the knives we buy prior to purchasing them, relying instead on pictures, measurements, reviews, expert advice, and experience with other knives. If it doesn't suit you for some reason, you can always put it up for sale here to help fund your next purchase. I've never handled a Carbonext, but have read plenty of positive reviews. I hope it's all that you expect it to be and more, and that you'll let us know what you think once it arrives.

Thx, just got an email from the seller that it will be shipped today and here in 4-6 days (altho who knows how long it might be held up for customs?). Sometime next week I will at least write my views after using it, altho I wanna wait for a picture until I have my new board too lol

I really like the CN. Thinking about buying a new one as well.