Quantcast
Show your newest knife buy - Page 310
Page 310 of 342 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 3415

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    hmmm I am thinking of getting a Zakuri for cleaning pismo's and portioning them, you think they would do well if used primarily for that?
    I've no such experience, so I'm terribly unqualified for a recommendation there. Sorry!

ok quick question then, can it be as nimble as a Honesuki? or is it a big blade? and does it get wicked sharp is all I need to know sir

They do get wicked sharp, though I recommend polishing the bevel.

They are very nimble knives but they do tend to be tall (the 150mm is 43mm tall)...a sabaki, rather than a thin funayuki, seems to be a better match for a honesuki's tasks, but I'm no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post
    They do get wicked sharp, though I recommend polishing the bevel.

They are very nimble knives but they do tend to be tall (the 150mm is 43mm tall)...a sabaki, rather than a thin funayuki, seems to be a better match for a honesuki's tasks, but I'm no expert.
    hmmmmmm, we need Jon's expertise

get the zakuri, the steel is great.

Coqavin:

You might want to check out an Ajikiri single bevel. I just purchased a 120mm from JNS and it is an absolute pismo distroyer!

Quote Originally Posted by Hbeernink View Post
    this just in....

SICK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    I highly recommend William Catchside's custom work. I've been wanting one for some time and finally was able grab this guy. Got some heft to it (there's something to be said about feeling what you pay for), cuts like a dream and is just dead sexy. I repolished and re-etched it and just gotta say, f me. What a great way to treat myself!

Nicest knife I've seen in a LONG time.

Quote Originally Posted by icanhaschzbrgr View Post
    I wanted to try Konosuke Fujiyama for a long time and couldn't resist when I saw this Kono petty blade on CKTG site.

And a beautiful block of African Bubinga from Burl Source arrived in the same package. Impeccable wood and impeccable finish on Konosuke with polished (not just rounded) spine and choil.
    AWESOME

Quote Originally Posted by ggg16902002 View Post
    My latest acquisition: Mizuno Tanrenjo DX (blue steel 2) Honyaki 360 Yanagiba

HO LY SHITE!!!!!