Page 320 of 367 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330 ... LastLast
Results 3,191 to 3,200 of 3666

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Quote Originally Posted by TDj View Post
    I was in the market for my first carbon steel knife (my go-to is a 270 Stefan-rehandled Konosuke) and was crushed to find out that hiromoto is slowing down on production - as long as I've been following along with the forums (FF, KF, and KKF), Hiromoto was always the "go to". I was really hoping to get my hands on an a clad Hiro Shiro to have it thinned, re-handled and etched by JKS - but couldn't quite find the size I wanted (240 or 270). I managed to get my hands on this, however:

It's not my photo (thank you to the seller for providing it) - it's still on the way to me right now: 240 rehandled (Stefan) solid Hiro Shiro. I'm hoping it'll quell the need to acquire more knives for at least a few years (just when I thought I got out of knives ... I get sucked back in a year or so later!)
    Man, I hardly even look at the blade. Stefan's handle is so beautiful!

I was in the market for my first carbon steel knife (my go-to is a 270 Stefan-rehandled Konosuke) and was crushed to find out that hiromoto is slowing down on production - as long as I've been following along with the forums (FF, KF, and KKF), Hiromoto was always the "go to". I was really hoping to get my hands on an a clad Hiro Shiro to have it thinned, re-handled and etched by JKS - but couldn't quite find the size I wanted (240 or 270). I managed to get my hands on this, however:

It's not my photo (thank you to the seller for providing it) - it's still on the way to me right now: 240 rehandled (Stefan) solid Hiro Shiro. I'm hoping it'll quell the need to acquire more knives for at least a few years (just when I thought I got out of knives ... I get sucked back in a year or so later!)

How that is some quality wood. Any idea what materials were used in the handle?

Mizuno

Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by MAS4T0 View Post
    Mizuno

Suminagashi, nice score Mark you will love that knife!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CB1968 View Post
    Suminagashi, nice score Mark you will love that knife!!!
    Thanks David and Rami, it is an awesome knife.

It was a custom order, I'm pretty sure it's the only truly left handed one of these ever made and as such it took almost a year from order to delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by MAS4T0 View Post
    Thanks David and Rami, it is an awesome knife.

It was a custom order, I'm pretty sure it's the only truly left handed one of these ever made and as such it took almost a year from order to delivery.
    Nice mate, I love mine right up there with one of my fav knives, for such a thin knife they have really nailed the geometry and food release, awesome score!!

Quote Originally Posted by mistascoopa View Post
    How that is some quality wood. Any idea what materials were used in the handle?
    The seller told me it was Kukui Nut for the wood and blonde buffalo horn for the ferrule and cap ... but I guess Stefan would know best.

The seller told me it was Kukui Nut for the wood and blonde buffalo horn for the ferrule and cap ... but I guess Stefan would know best.
    That sounds about right. Picture is very small, but I think I added red fiber spacers to that one to get more contrast between the materials. Not much spalted kukui nut out there. The wood is extremely light in its natural state and in this cross-cut pattern breaks very easily during stabilizing. I killed a number of pieces by trying to break them intentionally to make sure they were crack-free - which they were not... I think there is only one full piece left plus a few shorter ones for ferrules. That will be it, no more.

BTW, lots of really nice knives here lately...

Stefan