Page 80 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Ok, can we discuss this patina here? It looks a lot like one I've done before on a zKrameer by doing patterns with mustard, doing each pattern (or layer) one at a time, allowing each time to set for 2hrs.

[QUOTE=cclin;199069]240mm Rader & Gengetsu

yes, you're correct! this is forced patina done by Micheal Rader. you have option to choose either "satin finish" or "mustard finish" on Rader's knife.
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

How did the mustard patina smell when it arrived?

Yes I made that handle the other day - that was a fun one. I've been making my own mosaic pins too, but am design limited to what I have on hand. I can knock one out in @ five minutes now.

Quote Originally Posted by wellminded1 View Post
    Attachment 14600 Konosuke hd 240 and 210. just putting them through the paces now. Really enjoying them.
    I use this exact same combo. No matter what else i get, these two remain my go-to kit.

Nice grabs!
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike9 View Post
    How did the mustard patina smell when it arrived?
    I can't smell anything from mustard patina finish blade...no metal or iron odor! Rader's mustard finished rock, beautifulul layer pattern with mirror like finished.
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    I can't smell anything from mustard patina finish blade...no metal or iron odor! Rader's mustard finished rock, beautifulul layer pattern with mirror like finished.
    If you are forcing a patina like that, polish the blade with 0000 steel wool and camellia oil to get that smooth finish.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    If you are forcing a patina like that, polish the blade with 0000 steel wool and camellia oil to get that smooth finish.

Rick
    Rick, thanks for the tip!! I'll try that next time.

that I did not know, which might explain why my forced patina did not stay so "beautiful" for too long. I took pics, but still trying to find them...