Page 86 of 367 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

I posted this question in the wrong thread last night (idiot!)-not too sure if this question warrants an entirely new thread (if so don't hesitate telling me) but I'm curious about the San Mai construction-I'm wondering how far the carbon steel goes up the blade. I ask because I want to round the spine more but don't want to expose more carbon underneath. Any thoughts?

With the stainless clad the core runs from the edge to the spine. It is about 35-40% of the thickness. On his KU stuff it doesn't run all the way to the spine.

Hoss

Sounds like I shouldn't bother rounding off the spine then. Small detail on an otherwise great knife! Thanks for the input, Hoss!

what is your concern with exposing more carbon at the spine?
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

The knife is never truly yours until it tastes your blood.

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    yes sir, it is The clad

Finally! I was so excited to get this puppy to work this morning, maybe too excited...

She cuts VERY nicely. All too nicely. Wiping the blade dry, towel got snagged on heel and she bit me. Took a beautiful little chunk right off the tip of my finger. Haven't sliced a finger in a Long time.... eh, at least we know each other a little better now. Finger has a bandaid, finally stopped bleeding, but doesn't hurt at all. Very sharp number. And I still love her.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

After months of searching and looking at a ton of choices, here's my new baby! Should arrive in he mail tomorrow

Rodrigue custom 240 western gyuto in cpm154, ground thinner, stainless bolsters with curved face for comfort, redwood burl handle w/mosaic pins. Beyond excited!

JP

The Pierre Gyuto looks beautiful, simple and elegant. I am extremely jealous though, I am still waiting for my name it come up on this list. The more I wait the more changes I make to what type of knife I want, it is maddening lol.

This was delivered just now. Thanks, Maksim!

Attachment 14806
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    This was delivered just now. Thanks, Maksim!

Attachment 14806

Picture attachment Fail!!!

Ouff! Nice one, Jpizzzle!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPizzzle View Post
    After months of searching and looking at a ton of choices, here's my new baby! Should arrive in he mail tomorrow

Rodrigue custom 240 western gyuto in cpm154, ground thinner, stainless bolsters with curved face for comfort, redwood burl handle w/mosaic pins. Beyond excited!