Quantcast
Show your newest knife buy - Page 89
+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 309 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

DSChief - how are you liking the Kochi? Mine should be arriving any day now! (Kurouchi 270).

Very sharp out of the box, feels much bulkier than i had envisioned, nose is fatter , it's like waving around a Scottish broadsword.
    Slices very good, I portioned out a pork loin & a pair of Tri-tips. No patina yet, I'm guessing the blade is coated, will pick up a pint
    of Acetone on my next homeDepot run & give it a wipe down. For my next blade I've got to hunt around for a gyuto/yani
    hybrid. tall at the heel. minimal belly, low tip & a more pronounced spear point. if there is such a beast

That Richmond Ultimatum is a beast. Is the blade really 285mm?

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Thanks and yes, it is mahogany. It is a bit darker than the photo suggests, but believe that is due to the flash.
    That's what I thought,I have the 16"x22" mahogany,clean & oil it according boardsmith instuctions.It gets pretty dark after oilings,best board I have ever owned

Quote Originally Posted by DSChief View Post
    For my next blade I've got to hunt around for a gyuto/yani hybrid. tall at the heel. minimal belly, low tip & a more pronounced spear point. if there is such a beast
    That does not ring any bells. Usually the ones with lower tips aren't that tall at the heel. Actually sounds like a santoku minus the spear point part.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Fowler
    The difference between try and triumph is a little "umph"! NO EXCUSES!!!!!!!
    chefchristophermiller@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    Fowler
    There ya go!
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Quote Originally Posted by DSChief View Post
    I've got to hunt around for a gyuto/yani
    hybrid. tall at the heel. minimal belly, low tip & a more pronounced spear point. if there is such a beast
    sounds like TC blade to me, 51mm heel high, 99/1 asymmetric grind & 95/5 asymmetric edges, flat & low tip edge profile
    Charles ***[All statements I made here only my personal opinion and nothing more!]*** & Please bare with me for my crappy English!!

So I have no idea how this already arrived, but it was a nice surpise to come home to tonight...

Kochi Migaki, 240mm. Quite humbling as a rookie sharpener to see how much I have to learn, thanks for the promp delivery and razor sharp edge Jon!

edit: and sorry for the crappy iphone pic

Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    sounds like TC blade to me, 51mm heel high, 99/1 asymmetric grind & 95/5 asymmetric edges, flat & low tip edge profile
    that's getting closer, tip is right: but no dimples. less neck in front of ferule, 57mm at heel 50/50 grind , steel needs to be AS or 1.
    and I want it for 450.00 or less

+ Reply to Thread