Thread: A-frames Issue/Solution

A-frames Issue/Solution

Tried to purchase a natural stone from A-frames and the USPS got in the way. Package left Hawaii on the 20th of November due in NC on the 24th. When I didn't receive it I sent Takeshi an email. He responded promptly to all communications and tried to have the PO find the package. As soon as they told him they didn't know where the package was, he gave a full refund with no questions asked.

I realize that he did exactly what he was supposed to and really no more--he assumed full responsibility for the package until it was in my hands. How he responded and how promptly his communicated has totally made me a customer for life.

Not sure where this belongs, but wanted to post about my experience here somewhere. As some people know, I can be the first to complain--and rather loudly when I am frustrated. I want to express that this is the first time in dealing with an 'outside' knife vendor that I have been this satisfied. Almost as good as dealing with the fine vendors of this forum.

As it stands now, the stone may be on a slow boat? Either way, I rather doubt I'll ever see it, but won't hesitate to recommend Takeshi for the way he handles his business.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

sounds awesome, I was thinking of getting some stones from Takeshi, he has some different ones that I would want to try out

Bad luck with the stone, but good that it's turned out positively. My guess is the stone might still turn up!

Quote Originally Posted by Asteger View Post
    Bad luck with the stone, but good that it's turned out positively. My guess is the stone might still turn up!
    Yeah, the postal service said that if it found it's way onto a boat that it could take a month or more to get here and today is ~thirty days since it left Honolulu. I've been in somewhat of a bermuda triangle here though lately with shipping so no telling. Part of what I really appreciate with Takeshi was that he didn't say to wait for another couple of weeks, he just took it as a loss and went ahead with the refund. I would've gladly waited another few weeks which is why this just really stood out to me as taking care of the customer at all costs. I'll spend a bunch more money there over time and feel good about telling others of my experience
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I've always had good experiences dealing with Takeshi. Bummer about the stone
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

I have absolute respect for Takeshi San, I have never had bad experiences with him or with any of the items he sells. He is very helpful, responsive, takes great pride in what he does, and does not take advantage of his custumers, he is responsive and everything he sells, in my opinion, is first class.

I've dealt with him several times, he's top-notch.

It will turn up eventually, sometimes they get sorted to the wrong route and end up going coast to coast then back again before it lands in right direction. I've received a lost package from USPS two months after initial shipment before.