Quantcast
Show your newest knife buy
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 309 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 3082

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

  1. #1
    Senior Member Mr.Magnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    840

    Show your newest knife buy

    Would like to see everyone's latest knife buy to the knife collection and also why did you get it whats good about it.

    I got myself my first laser wa gyuto from M.R stil waiting for it thou.
    Its 270mm and is made of AEB-L steel witch i really like working with.
    The handle is a custom wa with maple and wenge wood.
    Wanted to try a laser so thats why i got it


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    966
    I'm interested in seeing how you like the laser. My last knife purchase was a nose to tail hunters style boning knife. I haven't gotten it yet and I have no idea when I will.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Mr.Magnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by obtuse View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how you like the laser. My last knife purchase was a nose to tail hunters style boning knife. I haven't gotten it yet and I have no idea when I will.
    ill report asap

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    12
    I have the 240mm laser and love it. I am a devotee now of AEB-L and 13c26 steel. Easy to sharpen and holds the edge a long time. Gave one to an exec chef friend here, and it is in regular line duty and still sharp sharp sharp! workmanship on the laser is top notch. Really great performance for the $$.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Mr.Magnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    840
    Quote Originally Posted by pennman View Post
    I have the 240mm laser and love it. I am a devotee now of AEB-L and 13c26 steel. Easy to sharpen and holds the edge a long time. Gave one to an exec chef friend here, and it is in regular line duty and still sharp sharp sharp! workmanship on the laser is top notch. Really great performance for the $$.


    just want i like to hear

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by pennman View Post
    workmanship on the laser is top notch.
    How does the grind compare to a Japanese "laser", e.g Yusuke, Konosuke, etc.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    966
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthebeaver View Post
    How does the grind compare to a Japanese "laser", e.g Yusuke, Konosuke, etc.
    It's made in Japan, probably a rebranded Konosuke or konosukes OEM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,806
    Just arrived in today's mail; a prototype gyuto in 1095 by Don Nguyen. Sharpened up nicely.


  9. #9
    Canada's Sharpest Lefty Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,101
    Rick,
    When you're done with that one, I'll take it.
    09/06

    Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

    Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member Mr.Magnus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    840
    Very nice Rick. how you like that handle? looks cool

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts