Quantcast
Show your newest knife buy - Page 20
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 314 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 3133

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

  1. #191
    Canada's Sharpest Lefty Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,103
    Rick, I have zero jealousy, and only admiration for your collection an taste in knives. Beautiful choice, as per usual!
    09/06

    Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

    Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

  2. #192

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    1,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny.B.Good View Post
    Monster is right!

    I need to see video of this thing cutting.
    I'll need to find someone thats good with a cleaver.

  3. #193
    Senior Member brainsausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    1,986
    If only I had the means to record and upload vids... really need to invest in a laptop

  4. #194
    Senior Member heirkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by RRLOVER View Post
    Very Nice!! Love the handle.
    Lol, that's the reason I sold it.

    As far as the grind, I never had any steering issues either. I think Tilman told me he tried his best to keep it more symmetrical since that's what I preferred.

  5. #195
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Lol, that's the reason I sold it.

    As far as the grind, I never had any steering issues either. I think Tilman told me he tried his best to keep it more symmetrical since that's what I preferred.
    He did a good job. I just cut up a cantaloupe and there was no steering.

    Rick

  6. #196
    Senior Member cclin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Kevin,

    As far as I know it's not an assymetric grind. Looks to me to be pretty close to 50/50, and it cuts that way, too.

    Rick

    just confirm with Tilman its 70/30 asymmetric convex grind edge! if you zoom picture 8x you will see it is asymmetric edge! so you don't feel any "steering" problem when you cuted??

    -Charles

  7. #197
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by cclin View Post
    just confirm with Tilman its 70/30 asymmetric convex grind edge! if you zoom picture 8x you will see it is asymmetric edge! so you don't feel any "steering" problem when you cuted??

    -Charles
    No, not even a little.

  8. #198
    Canada's Sharpest Lefty Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,103
    I'm not surprised. I used two right-handed Misonos for a little while and didn't notice much if any "right-handedness". I think it's tough to detect until you get more drastic asymmetry.
    09/06

    Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

    Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

  9. #199
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Newport Beach
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    No, not even a little.

    Whats the thickness of the knife? My Tilman is very thin, so I would imagine there is not much steering if it is as thin as mine.

    -Chuck

  10. #200
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Pensacola, FL, USA
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck239 View Post
    Whats the thickness of the knife? My Tilman is very thin, so I would imagine there is not much steering if it is as thin as mine.

    -Chuck
    2.5 mm at the heel, 2.1 mid way to the tip.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts