Page 66 of 356 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Thank JBroo .. never noticed that until you pointed out ..

Thanks Jon, I didn't know either.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Pierre Rodrigue mid tech gyuto

Couple of new blades, The Rader I have had for about a month, the Rodrigue I just got last week, and the handle on the shig is new courtesy of M. Henry.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65555800@N08/8555739644/

I'm new to these parts, so forgive me if I'm jumping in too early.
    Here's a 10" Dexter I bought for a dollar the other day. I sanded the handle flush and smoothed it out. Sanded off the rust as best I could and ground the finger guards off.
    Then I paid a guy $10 to sharpen it on the EdgePro. Great knife.

I bought this unknown 12" carbon at the same time I got the Dexter. Haven't done anything to it yet. Seems like a nice piece of steel, but the handle sux noodles.

Greetings Anti-Chrysler, you should also post these in the ODC thread in Lefty's forum. Congrats on the scores! I may suggest putting your next $10 towards a stone purchase though, it will make you very happy in the long run.

Cheers
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    I'd love to see some more of this handle, and knife as well. beautiful piece!
    Here's what I got -

Gotta have a 5150 inspired Saya for it as well - I made the pin from the same blue dyed burl.

Thanks for the welcome. I'm still trying to decide what I want for sharpening. I'm not worried about my cheap knives, but I'm a little hesitant to try sharpening my Japanese knives myself.
    I am going to put a few strops together so I can maintain my edges for as long as possible between sharpenings.