Page 116 of 366 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 3652

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Quote Originally Posted by mhenry View Post
    Very nice. How thick is it?
    Deba or board? Deba 6mm at heel and the board is 14mm, thick enough for my home use...

Here' a few iPhone shots of my latest arrival.
    Seen here with the prototype I was lucky enough to get my hands on at the meetup in Denmark in 2012.
    Also, the scissors arrived from Maksim today.
    My wife, a Gentleman's tailor by trade and education, has expressed that her current smaller scissors were in bad shape, so I decided to see what she would think of the bigger one pictured here.
    Maksim thought she would like the smaller cutter even more, so he threw that puppy in for free.
    That's proper customer service right there. Thanks mate.

The new Kato, yet another iteration of them Maksim told me, is as can be seen here a bit taller and the grind is now symmetrical.
    Others will surely do a better job at photographing them, and review them as they get picked up.
    From what I understood, this is only one of 3 out there this far.

Name:  Kato-comparison1.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  8.9 KB

Name:  Kato-comparison2.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  14.6 KB

Nice! Sweet shears too!
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

Nice looking kit you have there.

Here's a pair I got recently - the top one is a Foster Brothers 9.75" x 1-3/4" chef. The handle is worn enough that the rivets protrude. The other is a gorgeous 9" x 1-1/2" chef that is so light it reads 4.5oz on my kitchen scale and the balance point is at the 1st rivet. The handle is stamped N.HORBUS BRANTWOOD WIS. I don't know if that was the maker, or the owner. Both of these knives have beautiful profiles.

I really like the profile on the bottom knife. Are you going to rehandle it? I think it would be a really awesome project!
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

I might just rework it a little it's pretty nice as is. Seller said it was micarta, but looks like ebony to me. This would probably be a great line knife as it wouldn't wear you out using it.

Name:  IMG_0917.jpg
Size:  7.9 KBName:  IMG_0918.jpg
Size:  8.5 KB
    Shig 180 kitaeji petty. Got it for a bargain too! Me happy

Beautiful Shig!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Just arrived from Maxim--Singatirin 250'ish 240

I was a bit worried about thinning until I got a good look at the choil--should be alright for a bit.

Pics made me realize that it's time to oil my board.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

The worst fit and finish I've ever seen on a handle. This baby will get a lot of epoxy and sandpapering to fill in the gaps. But I didn't get it for pretty looks. Fantastic geometry for a tsuchime finish on a knife that's thick enough to be a workhorse. It's ground asymmetric with a near vertical left sided edge and a subtle convex but slanted right-sided edge.