Page 121 of 355 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 3541

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

  1. #1201
    Senior Member Brad Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    833
    I don't really mind it. But there is a chip in it at the butt of the handle. I am going to get a custom handle asap on this one.
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

  2. #1202
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Gibson View Post
    I don't really mind it. But there is a chip in it at the butt of the handle. I am going to get a custom handle asap on this one.
    NOOO!!!!
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

  3. #1203
    210 Suisin Inox Deba. This guy polishes up nice, but edge got wrecked on 100lb of black cod, gona sharpen it out and micro bevel up.


  4. #1204
    Senior Member Brad Gibson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    833
    No to the handle? What do you mean chinacat?
    "A recipe has no soul. You as the cook must bring soul to the recipe." -Thomas Keller

  5. #1205
    Senior Member brainsausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    2,052
    There's a certain legacy and nostalgia, in regards to those handles. Which isn't to say you shouldn't do your own thing by any means. But I stil remember seeing salty's post however many years back in regards to those handles, and thinking it was incredibly effing badass.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

  6. #1206
    Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    There's a certain legacy and nostalgia, in regards to those handles. Which isn't to say you shouldn't do your own thing by any means. But I stil remember seeing salty's post however many years back in regards to those handles, and thinking it was incredibly effing badass.
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

  7. #1207
    Just arrived a 240mm Tanaka Ginsanko and a 240mm Tanaka Damascus Blue #2 with ebony handle


  8. #1208
    Quote Originally Posted by VanIsleSteve View Post
    Just arrived a 240mm Tanaka Ginsanko and a 240mm Tanaka Damascus Blue #2 with ebony handle
    After you get a chance to use them side by side, I'd love to hear how the ginsanko performs compared to the Blue.
    Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

  9. #1209
    Senior Member ChuckTheButcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Arlington Virginia
    Posts
    612
    New Carter gyutoName:  image.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  8.6 KB

  10. #1210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    452
    I was wondering who bought that 7.8 Sun Carter!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •