Page 219 of 356 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 3553

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

Quote Originally Posted by mkriggen View Post
    Nice, now you just need to get it off to Dave for a spa treatment
    What this guy said!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Alright, payment sent so I can now post a picture of my ~255mm Bloodroot Blades Gyuto.

Here's what Luke had to say about it…

"The blade is to your dimensions, HRC 63 from a highway boom-saw blade, in the 50's HRC on the top 1/3 of the blade (differentially tempered). Very thin behind the edge but it's a pretty stiff blade due to the strong distal taper. It's convex/hybrid grind, with stronger convexity on the right face than the back and from heel to tip. The handle is a R-hand D with blackwood, spacer, and our spalted maple burl. The burl is stabilized, but unlike some stabilization does slightly grain raise with use for a grippier surface than a straight polish."

Here's a picture of the awesome distal taper.

Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Nothing wrong with Dave's spa treatment, but they come very thin behind the edge nowadays!

Name:  ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1389663606.334460.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  9.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1389663625.072531.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  12.7 KB
    (Sorry about the dodgy pics and dirty coffee table)
    Itonomonn 210 Kasumi I picked up unused. It's a little heavier than I imagined it being, but it cuts like a dream. Nice and thin behind the edge. No wedging on mirepoix or potatoes. I haven't used it at work yet, just short-rib prep. The handle leaves a little to be desired - it's clunky. The next step will be an acid etch and then I think this will be the recipient of my first custom handle. (Done by a pro, not by me) All in all, I'm happy.
    Cassoulet, like life itself, isn't as easy as it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Alright, payment sent so I can now post a picture of my ~255mm Bloodroot Blades Gyuto.

Here's what Luke had to say about it…

"The blade is to your dimensions, HRC 63 from a highway boom-saw blade, in the 50's HRC on the top 1/3 of the blade (differentially tempered). Very thin behind the edge but it's a pretty stiff blade due to the strong distal taper. It's convex/hybrid grind, with stronger convexity on the right face than the back and from heel to tip. The handle is a R-hand D with blackwood, spacer, and our spalted maple burl. The burl is stabilized, but unlike some stabilization does slightly grain raise with use for a grippier surface than a straight polish."

Here's a picture of the awesome distal taper.

This excites me. I'm due up in about 4 months with them. Looks like you're going to be super happy with this.
    Cassoulet, like life itself, isn't as easy as it seems...

I haven't even used them yet!! haha

Pete I love everything about this knife. BB knives have great aesthetics. Let us know how the knife handles when you get a chance. I love to see a cutting and handling review.

I'm becoming quite the fan of Bloodroot! Think I need to get back on their list for a gyuto....

[QUOTE=stereo.pete;275174]Alright, payment sent so I can now post a picture of my ~255mm Bloodroot Blades Gyuto.

for the record - this excites me too. to prevent the double post (duplication in the 'other' thread), I'll simply state that this is one of those things that I reaaaaalllllly want but don't need at all.

my latest knife buy? kato dragon (following the other recent purchase of a hinoura). I need to stop.

[QUOTE=Hbeernink;275392]
    Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post

for the record - this excites me too. to prevent the double post (duplication in the 'other' thread), I'll simply state that this is one of those things that I reaaaaalllllly want but don't need at all.

my latest knife buy? kato dragon (following the other recent purchase of a hinoura). I need to stop.
    I almost snagged one of those dragons but decided to pick up a Harner/McLean Line knife instead. Should be receiving it next week.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky