Show your newest knife buy

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Magnus

Reaction score
Would like to see everyone's latest knife buy to the knife collection and also why did you get it whats good about it.

I got myself my first laser wa gyuto from M.R stil waiting for it thou.
Its 270mm and is made of AEB-L steel witch i really like working with.
The handle is a custom wa with maple and wenge wood.
Wanted to try a laser so thats why i got it :)

aa.jpg

I'm interested in seeing how you like the laser. My last knife purchase was a nose to tail hunters style boning knife. I haven't gotten it yet and I have no idea when I will.

I'm interested in seeing how you like the laser. My last knife purchase was a nose to tail hunters style boning knife. I haven't gotten it yet and I have no idea when I will.

ill report asap :)

I have the 240mm laser and love it. I am a devotee now of AEB-L and 13c26 steel. Easy to sharpen and holds the edge a long time. Gave one to an exec chef friend here, and it is in regular line duty and still sharp sharp sharp! workmanship on the laser is top notch. Really great performance for the $$.

I have the 240mm laser and love it. I am a devotee now of AEB-L and 13c26 steel. Easy to sharpen and holds the edge a long time. Gave one to an exec chef friend here, and it is in regular line duty and still sharp sharp sharp! workmanship on the laser is top notch. Really great performance for the $$.

just want i like to hear :)

Very nice Rick. how you like that handle? looks cool

I've got another 300 yanagi on the way. My sister currently has it in Hamilton, Ontario, and she's driving up next weekend. I'm quite excited -- it's my first ginsan blade and my first Suisin. I used my Masamoto white-2 yanagiba today and I'm curious what the Suisin looks and feels like. Pics when I get it.

I've got another 300 yanagi on the way. My sister currently has it in Hamilton, Ontario, and she's driving up next weekend. I'm quite excited -- it's my first ginsan blade and my first Suisin. I used my Masamoto white-2 yanagiba today and I'm curious what the Suisin looks and feels like. Pics when I get it.

very nice Suisin has some great knives for sure. love to se yours.

Just picked up a 300mm Konosuke HD suji.Needed a longer slicer for work(that's how I'm going to justify it anyway..) and I got a great deal! Don't know why I waited so long to pick up this beauty.

Picture? price? :)

Thanks! I'm pretty excited to have them.

I'll have to figure out how to post full sized pics, as these little thumbnails don't do the knives (or Jon's pictures) justice.

Earlier Richmonds were made in U.S. by Lamson. Did that change?

The ******** laser and ******** damascus are made in japan. He also has an addict made in japan in HD steel by konosuke. The original addict in 154cm, the new addicts in cpm 152 & 52100, the remedy, the ultimatum, the artifex and the fanatic are all ground by lamson.

Back