Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Page 1019 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 195199199691009101710181019
Results 10,181 to 10,187 of 10187

Thread: Show your newest knife buy

  1. #10181
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by loganrah View Post
    Replacement for the Fujiwara Teruyasu Chinese Cleaver that was unfortunately stolen in a bag of my things:

    extra thin as well this time? how does it compare to the previous unfortunately stolen one?


  2. #10182
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by loganrah View Post
    Replacement for the Fujiwara Teruyasu Chinese Cleaver that was unfortunately stolen in a bag of my things:

    That looks great!

    -Kit

  3. #10183
    Farberware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Straight Outta Walmart
    Posts
    35
    I asked my buddy at Wal-Mart to make me a work horse under $300, my home boy Wally World came threw and made me this 195mm x 44mm AEB-L Gyuto with K-tip.


  4. #10184

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by inzite View Post
    extra thin as well this time? how does it compare to the previous unfortunately stolen one?
    Yep, extra thin again. Seems to be pretty consistent with the last one. The profile might be a little flatter, or at least the flat spot is in a more natural position, which is nice.

    The right hand side (when holding the blade to cut) does seem to be slightly concave (about 1mm inwards at the middle). It looks like the blade is very slightly bent towards that side. I imagine this must happen sometimes with large cleavers, having so much steel to keep straight. It doesn't affect cutting performance at all, and I wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't been holding a ruler against the sides to measure it for a saya. So only the collector in me is worried...

  5. #10185
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by loganrah View Post
    Yep, extra thin again. Seems to be pretty consistent with the last one. The profile might be a little flatter, or at least the flat spot is in a more natural position, which is nice.

    The right hand side (when holding the blade to cut) does seem to be slightly concave (about 1mm inwards at the middle). It looks like the blade is very slightly bent towards that side. I imagine this must happen sometimes with large cleavers, having so much steel to keep straight. It doesn't affect cutting performance at all, and I wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't been holding a ruler against the sides to measure it for a saya. So only the collector in me is worried...
    i heard with full size forged cleavers that happens, have heard the same with those dammy saiji cleavers.

  6. #10186
    Senior Member crunchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    PGH
    Posts
    203
    Quote Originally Posted by Farberware View Post
    I asked my buddy at Wal-Mart to make me a work horse under $300, my home boy Wally World came threw and made me this 195mm x 44mm AEB-L Gyuto with K-tip.

    Is this a joke

  7. #10187

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    11
    Really well done Mark! Impressive.

    Quote Originally Posted by milkbaby View Post
    Nakiri-fani-fo-firi...
    195 mm high carbon 15N20







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •