Quantcast
a little cutting up of fish - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a little cutting up of fish

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    I JUST saw that gangnam style video for the first time today...i can now cross off asking you what your sig line is about from my todo list!
    Hehe... Actually, I live & work in the Gangnam area. Parts of it are a little Manhattan-like, though it's still pretty similar to much of Seoul. The song must be popular because it's pretty catchy (well, if you like that sort of thing) and it's also unusually funny and relaxed, for a Korean production. The jokes are all about the singer, Psy, lampooning the affluent Gangnam area by acting as though he's a big player followed by gorgeous girls, and so there's actually bit social commentary behind it to accompany the fun. Anyway, it's a bit of a phenomenon. Hasn't it reached #1 in the US? Never before for something from here.

Feel free to consult with me on any future inquiries.

much more awesomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    Well, did you buy it? Where's your trip pics?

I bought a stone and petty at UC. One of the best shops, I remember.
    Nah. This wasn't a knife trip after all. It was just a quick jaunt with my sister to celebrate some good fortune she's had this year. I took her to Tsukiji Friday for breakfast, Asakusa-Kannon for some culture, the Giants game on Friday night was a blast. Saturday we went to Omotesando, Takeshita-dori, then on up to Kappabashi-dori (where two-thirds of the shops were closed), the Drum Museum and then the Kogukikan for the Basho. Up to Ameyoko Market in Ueno after the sumo, where we ate some decent "diner" fare at a little place under the tracks, and then back to the airport. I have pictures from the tuna auction, Sensoji, the ball game and sumo, but nothing knife- or food-related.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Wow, sounds exhausting!

much more awesomer
    Admittedly, it was. But a fantastic trip!
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

+ Reply to Thread