• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

White #1 Konosuke Fujiyama kiritsuke 240mm w/ ebony

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Here for your consideration is a White #1 Konosuke Fujiyama kiritsuke 240mm w/ an ebony wa handle. I've used this knife for a couple of months, sharpened on the stones once and stained the saya the same as the other one in the pic below...(knife for sale is the one on top). It has a beautiful ocher patina and is, as you might expect, atom-splitting sharp.
$240 post paid (U.S.) to your door. I accept paypal gift ([email protected]) or USPS money orders. PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

7608667708_1a2478b96a_b.jpg

That's a really good price for such a knife. Hope a newbie picks this up.

Thats a screaming sweet deal! Too bad I'm jobless, and owning a restaurant isn't making me rich right now....

(not too sure that patina is very healthy....looks a little orange to me?)

Thats a screaming sweet deal! Too bad I'm jobless, and owning a restaurant isn't making me rich right now....

(not too sure that patina is very healthy....looks a little orange to me?)

It's not orange (rust), it's ochre (patina). Please keep any speculation to yourself or send me a PM.

Can you post a photo of the whole knife?

Can you post a photo of the whole knife?

It's the one on top in the 2 gyuto pic where everything is shown except the very end of the handle. Is there something specific you'd like to see? It's no problem, I'll take some more pics when I get off work @ 1:30 EST. EDIT: Oh, I see...only the ferrule is visible :D, I'll take better ones and post them soon.

Just an overall look, I am interested.

Would just like to say that I have had a few knives that patina'ed like these do. Only seen it on San Mai knives like these. I see nothing wrong with this. This is a kiritsuke gyuto or a single bevel knife?

Just got the same knife and use it everyday at work...it's a great knife, and it gets silly sharp!

And BTW if you don't like the patina it will come of with a single scrubbing with a new blue scrubbie...

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back