Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cast Iron Grinders

tristan, or like not eating cause your afraid of biting your fingers off. The manual grinder has so many advantages than the electrics. You can utterly control the grind because its your other arm that is doing the grinding thus can immediately stop and can coordinate it with pressing the meat into the auger.

People make too much of a fuss about having to turn the handle to grind meat. come on lazy nation

much more awesomer
    Hehehe. The one reason I probably won't get the grinder attachment for the KA is exactly the control issue. Churning ice cream by hand? That's different. My mom has an ancient manual grinder somewhere. I should dig it up.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

Haha I'm not lazy to use a manual thing, nor am I saying it is any more or less dangerous than an electric grinder.

It is just the crap my brain does when presented with pictures like this. In fact, every single time I use a grater I envision shredding my hands to ribbons on the side. I still use the grater. Knives are fine though - can't quite figure out why, but heck.

Tristain, Honestly you're not crazy and i think its natural to fear/respect things that can cause us harm. especially if you have a very low threshold for pain and loss of blood.

much more awesomer
    My sister is freaked out by my knives. She doesn't even really want to go into any knife shops in Tokyo next month.
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky

much more awesomer
    Just found out today that mom gave away her old grinder, from Csepel Vasgyar (Csepel Iron Works, outside of Budapest). Bummer. It was about a 22 size and took anything we threw at it (in it).
    Francesco
    Unskilled flunky