Quantcast
Franz Güde 32cm (320mm) Olivewood Brotmesser (bread knife) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Franz Güde 32cm (320mm) Olivewood Brotmesser (bread knife)

I have this exact knife - it kicks butt and you will not be disappointed! In fact ....you may find yourself baking extra bread, pushing toast on your loved ones, experimenting with melba toast recipes, calling Pepperidge Farm and challenging them to a 'Very Thin' bread contest....the list goes on. Congrats on a great knife.

That is one awesome knife. At first I read "Brotmeister"... now that really would have been a kick-ass name

SOLD - thanks Rick - enjoy!

This knife is often referred to as "breadsaw" or "breadsword"...

Sorry to see that you have to let go of it, Dave. I still think this is THE bread knife, and the olive wood is the nicest version. OF course, if you have a spare $4,000 around, you should get the damascus version...

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    I have this exact knife - it kicks butt and you will not be disappointed! In fact ....you may find yourself baking extra bread, pushing toast on your loved ones, experimenting with melba toast recipes, calling Pepperidge Farm and challenging them to a 'Very Thin' bread contest....the list goes on. Congrats on a great knife.

OK can we stop making me feel bad about selling this knife? I already miss it!!

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Sorry to see that you have to let go of it, Dave. I still think this is THE bread knife, and the olive wood is the nicest version. OF course, if you have a spare $4,000 around, you should get the damascus version...

Stefan

Making me feel worse here...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    OK can we stop making me feel bad about selling this knife? I already miss it!!
    Sorry and good point - didn't mean to be insensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    Sorry and good point - didn't mean to be insensitive.

LOL - it's all good, shoot, I'd be teasing me if I wasn't me

Damn. Missed another one.....