Quantcast
Franz Güde 32cm (320mm) Olivewood Brotmesser (bread knife) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Franz Güde 32cm (320mm) Olivewood Brotmesser (bread knife)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking for one of these for YEARS! Months of trolling BST and not seeing anything that I NEED, and I slack off for a day and miss THIS!
    Well, at least it went to wonderful and very deserving home.

Rick, if you ever think of selling that thing, please let me know

Does anyone know of another us source for these beasts? Maybe we could get a group buy going...

Oh, Dave...now what will you use, a Mac bread knife? Sheesh!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Justin0505 View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking for one of these for YEARS! Months of trolling BST and not seeing anything that I NEED, and I slack off for a day and miss THIS!

Does anyone know of another us source for these beasts? Maybe we could get a group buy going...

Justin,

I bought mine a couple of months ago fairly easily from a supplier right in Solingen. It took less than 10 days total from purchase to arrival. I'm on my iPad, but as soon as I get home I'll PM the details to you.

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan

I hope this isn't crapping on Dave's thread, since I think his price is fair considering currency conversions, their large international shipping fee, and the fact that it's shipping from a renowned knife sharpener within the CONUS. That said, the English version of their site is right here, and they ship international (but like I said, for a hefty price). There are a number of lengths and handle materials available.

I'm always surprised at how few knife nuts know where to score these things. Lol.

Good price. Mine came from www.cutlery-shop.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Namaxy View Post
    Good price.
    Not after the shipping it wasn't, haha. I bought a new desk around the same time and paid less in shipping for the damn desk.

Yeah, I was looking for a domestic or at least North American dealer. The knife comes out to ~$180, but then the freaking shipping is another freaking $80 on top of that.... but shipping on 10 is only ~$12 per knife. To me, this sounds like a logical group-buy opportunity. Ok, I should probably stop posting in this thread and just go to bed....

Yeah, I was looking for a domestic or at least North American dealer. The knife comes out to ~$180, but then the freaking shipping is another freaking $80 on top of that.... but shipping on 10 is only ~$12 per knife. To me, this sounds like a logical group-buy opportunity. Ok, I should probably stop posting in this thread and just go to bed....
    If you have someone to ship from Germany shipping would be around 20 bucks insured

When I first went looking I found one US retailer that carried them, but they were out of stock. Craps if I can remember the name right now. The lady on the phone was less than hopeful about getting any more though, I guess the market for high-end bread knives isn't a lucrative as people like us might believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    I guess the market for high-end bread knives isn't a lucrative as people like us might believe!
    Someone better inform Williams-Sonoma of this development:

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/.../?cm_type=gnav