• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Franz Güde 32cm (320mm) Olivewood Brotmesser (bread knife)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
guede.jpg

I have for sale a Franz Güde 32cm (320mm) Olivewood Brotmesser (bread knife) #7431/32

You are looking at the king of all bread knives. This knife makes the MAC and Tojiro look and feel like toys in comparison. :wink:

The Güde will not twist, flex, or steer and is intended to be used on the hardest toughest crunchy loaves you can find. This is an old world bread knife made with German quality designed to kick ass on old world breads.

Yeah I'm laying it on pretty heavy but I'm not exaggerating what this knife is all about. It's everything I said and then some. I can not believe that there could be a better bread knife made anywhere in the world and I'm 100% sure that anyone using this thing will be impressed each and every time it's employed.

This is Güde's largest model with the high cut serrations and seen with the upgraded olivewood scales.

This is not a knife that you can find in the USA for sale anywhere that I'm aware of. It's here now only by way of a group buy from 2008/2009. It is in great condition and extremely rare.

I'm selling this knife ONLY because I need the $$....if it doesn't sell right away I'm sure that I'll pull it down because I hate to let this go - it's a prize.

$245 (shipping & insurance within CONUS included)
*If an international sale is made - full cost of shipping and insurance will be the responsibility of the buyer

Please see all pictures for condition.

MAC knife shown in some pictures is for comparison purposes only - the MAC knife is NOT included with this sale.

If you have any questions or are interested in purchasing please shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Dave

attachment.php

P1010007.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010015.JPG

P1010018.JPG

P1010019.JPG

P1010021.JPG

P1010022.JPG

P1010024.JPG

P1010027.JPG

P1010028.JPG

P1010005.JPG

Not enough $ right now. Doubt this will stay long. Very nice!

Must...
Be...
Strong...
And...
Resist...
Not a lot of bread cutting here but still weak...

Congratulations and glad it is going to a good home.

I have this exact knife - it kicks butt and you will not be disappointed! In fact ....you may find yourself baking extra bread, pushing toast on your loved ones, experimenting with melba toast recipes, calling Pepperidge Farm and challenging them to a 'Very Thin' bread contest....the list goes on. Congrats on a great knife.

That is one awesome knife. At first I read "Brotmeister"... now that really would have been a kick-ass name :doublethumbsup:

This knife is often referred to as "breadsaw" or "breadsword"...

Sorry to see that you have to let go of it, Dave. I still think this is THE bread knife, and the olive wood is the nicest version. OF course, if you have a spare $4,000 around, you should get the damascus version...

Stefan

I have this exact knife - it kicks butt and you will not be disappointed! In fact ....you may find yourself baking extra bread, pushing toast on your loved ones, experimenting with melba toast recipes, calling Pepperidge Farm and challenging them to a 'Very Thin' bread contest....the list goes on. Congrats on a great knife.

OK can we stop making me feel bad about selling this knife? I already miss it!! :beatinghead:

Sorry to see that you have to let go of it, Dave. I still think this is THE bread knife, and the olive wood is the nicest version. OF course, if you have a spare $4,000 around, you should get the damascus version...

Stefan

Making me feel worse here... :sad0:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking for one of these for YEARS! Months of trolling BST and not seeing anything that I NEED, and I slack off for a day and miss THIS!
Well, at least it went to wonderful and very deserving home.

Rick, if you ever think of selling that thing, please let me know :)

Does anyone know of another us source for these beasts? Maybe we could get a group buy going...

Oh, Dave...now what will you use, a Mac bread knife? Sheesh!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been looking for one of these for YEARS! Months of trolling BST and not seeing anything that I NEED, and I slack off for a day and miss THIS!

Does anyone know of another us source for these beasts? Maybe we could get a group buy going...

Justin,

I bought mine a couple of months ago fairly easily from a supplier right in Solingen. It took less than 10 days total from purchase to arrival. I'm on my iPad, but as soon as I get home I'll PM the details to you.

I hope this isn't crapping on Dave's thread, since I think his price is fair considering currency conversions, their large international shipping fee, and the fact that it's shipping from a renowned knife sharpener within the CONUS. That said, the English version of their site is right here, and they ship international (but like I said, for a hefty price). There are a number of lengths and handle materials available.

I'm always surprised at how few knife nuts know where to score these things. Lol.

Yeah, I was looking for a domestic or at least North American dealer. The knife comes out to ~$180, but then the freaking shipping is another freaking $80 on top of that.... but shipping on 10 is only ~$12 per knife. To me, this sounds like a logical group-buy opportunity. Ok, I should probably stop posting in this thread and just go to bed....

Yeah, I was looking for a domestic or at least North American dealer. The knife comes out to ~$180, but then the freaking shipping is another freaking $80 on top of that.... but shipping on 10 is only ~$12 per knife. To me, this sounds like a logical group-buy opportunity. Ok, I should probably stop posting in this thread and just go to bed....

If you have someone to ship from Germany shipping would be around 20 bucks insured

When I first went looking I found one US retailer that carried them, but they were out of stock. Craps if I can remember the name right now. The lady on the phone was less than hopeful about getting any more though, I guess the market for high-end bread knives isn't a lucrative as people like us might believe!

Back