Quantcast
Weather payback
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather payback

Weather payback

So now is the time we in Texas pay for gloating all Winter. Also why we have to revel in the somewhat mild winters.

It's triple digits all week, not a cloud in the gigantic sky, and my house is over 85 until well into the night. It actually continues heating up after the sun goes down for about 3 hours.

It's cool indoors at about 9 am, the room gets down to a brisk 78 for about 4 hours.

Oh my goodness... Thats crazy. Remember to drink tons of water so you don't over heat or dehydrate! D:

We are probably 10 degrees cooler than you and still sweating it. We ended up putting a tinted covering over the screens in all the windows to keep the house temp down. So far so good. Also toying with some solar vents on the roof to pump out put the accumulation of heat in the attic.

I'm feeling lucky... mid 80s all year round.

The basement in my restaurant is 84 degrees. ***?

I've been going to the beach frequently lately. Lake Michigan is very ocean-like (without the salt) when looking out from the beach. The thing is, it's always too cold to swim in. This year it's the warmest that I can remember. It's gorgeous. No ball shock when wading in. (No sharks is a good thing to)

Charlotte, NC AKA The Queen City! The lint-filled belly button of the south.
    Yeah, but it's a dry heat!!!
    I always hate it when people say that!
    No matter how high the throne,
    there sits but an ass.

I can't complain much about the summer thus far. It's actually rained quite a lot and the temperatures have been somewhat reasonable for this part of Texas. Last year, we received no rain and set records for the greatest number of 100F+ days. Despite our best efforts, we lost several trees and quite a few bushes, not to mention a large portion of our lawn. This year, it's a Texas summer, but at least it's not a horrible drought.

I just let my car idle for 30 minutes, while I sat in the parking lot, and it overheated. FML

Quote Originally Posted by kalaeb View Post
    ... Also toying with some solar vents on the roof to pump out put the accumulation of heat in the attic.
    Our house had an attic fan that was broken when we bought the house. After a couple of summers of having the AC work harder than what seemed necessary, we installed a new attic fan. Huge difference in the house temperature. This has become a "Must Have" item for any house from now on. Well, certain roofs/attic combinations might not work, but if you have 3 feet or more clearance between the roof rafters and the ceiling framing an attic fan will be a big help.

Eamon, I definitely feel your pain up here in Little Rock. 30-ish consecutive days of 100+ temps (was 106 one day last week). At least we haven't broken last year's record temp: 114F! Heat index was 128F. The heat has kept me from cycling for a few weeks now as the weather is deadly for desk jockey's. And yeah, 85F in the living room at 8PM is familiar
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

+ Reply to Thread