• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Straight Razor

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to give shaving with a straight razor a try, so I joined Badger&Blade and have been poking around for a bit. I figured some people on here might have a good, inexpensive
-under $40- straight razor that I could buy and see if this is a route to further persue.

Thanks,
Travis

That's a good site with tons of info. It's also how I found this site.

Hi Travis,

Also check out straight razor place. It is one of the best sites for straights IMO. They also have a classified section where you should be able to find an excellent, shave ready, but cheaper straight razor. Check out their wiki of desired brands before you purchase as well.

once you get the hang of it you will never waht to use anyother way of shaving (be warned it can take a few times to get smoother at it )

i will be 4 years straight razor only in a week (starteed don my Bday aug 8)

Did you have an idea of what kind of razor you where looking for? I have more razors than I need, just went almost a year going through all my razors, Now I have a few weeks of honing to catch up on :)

Did you have an idea of what kind of razor you where looking for? I have more razors than I need, just went almost a year going through all my razors, Now I have a few weeks of honing to catch up on :)

I'm not really sure. I'd like to try out a few to see what works for me. I ordered one from the Whipped Dog as "sight unseen razor" so who knows what I'm getting. If you have a couple you want to unload pm me and we'll take it from there.

once you get the hang of it you will never waht to use anyother way of shaving (be warned it can take a few times to get smoother at it )

i will be 4 years straight razor only in a week (starteed don my Bday aug 8)

Travis, you better be warned with Butch chiming in. The next thing you'll know he'll be selling you one of his bad ass straights.

I don't think Butch does custom work anymore, but I could be wrong.
However, yes, they are bad ass. :D

The g/f tolerates and understands the knives... I don't need a razor addiction too and the custom work that follows. though a butch straight would be bad ass... maybe with some burl scales.

You're right, it would be a shame. I could be wrong....

I'm not really sure. I'd like to try out a few to see what works for me. I ordered one from the Whipped Dog as "sight unseen razor" so who knows what I'm getting. If you have a couple you want to unload pm me and we'll take it from there.

When I get my set out for honing I'll put aside a few and see what happens. To tired to think at the moment :p

I feel I should correct myself. I asked Butch, specifically if he's still doing custom work, and he is! Great news for everyone! :)
I had to know if I was telling people the wrong info, and it turns out I was! Oops.
Sorry to scare you guys :)

Back