For Sale Serving Board, Trivet or Breadboard?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
This is a piece of Redwood Root that I made into a serving board or whatever you want to call it.
I have one at home that I use to cut sandwiches, bread, fruit and other small things when I don't want to use my regular cutting board. Sometimes I use mine like a serving board for things like cheese and fruit. When I am not using it, the board stays on the dining table like a trivet, just looking cool.

The board is made from a section of redwood root so it is a little bit harder than normal redwood. There is some root burl figure and a bit of a metallic flash. The colors are darker than usual because of being underground. There are a few small natural voids on one side of the board. I have sanded the board to 400 grit and applied several coats of food grade butcher block oil. Size is just over 11 inches long, 9 inches wide and 3/4" thick.

Cost for the serving board is $50 plus shipping. ($10 USPS Priority mail in the US) International shipping may be too expensive to make sense.

1st to post I'll take it gets the board. Please post here instead of PM or email.
It looks better in person.

Side A
bb002-2.jpg

Side B
bb003.jpg

Back