Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Pepper Hot Wings

Ghost Pepper Hot Wings

After the somewhat limited success of my Ghost pepper sorbet I made for the DFW meetup, I thought Hot Wings might be more appropriate.

I used some Ghost Pepper salsa made right here in Fort Worth in the marinade.

Here are some pics.

More pics and recipe here.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Ok I am gonna get some of that salsa. (hopefully they ship)
    Chewie's the man.

That looks like a fun recipe. I love hot and sweet combos, so I'll have to try that out. Also, ghost pepper sorbet?
    - Erik

I will have to try that. We make guacamole with real ghost peppers, and carribean red peppers for flavor. I love Mrs. Renfro's salsa we use the habanero all the time. I have to try the ghost pepper one. Didn't know it existed. Looks like fun!

That ghost pepper sorbet was true fire and ice.....

Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    I will have to try that. We make guacamole with real ghost peppers, and carribean red peppers for flavor. I love Mrs. Renfro's salsa we use the habanero all the time. I have to try the ghost pepper one. Didn't know it existed. Looks like fun!
    I took a tour of there factory a couple of weeks ago. They get the Ghost Peppers from India in the "weaponized" dried powder format. Apparently, one day one of the big fans on the floor blew a whiff of the powder around and they had to evacuate the line that day.

Great story about the factory. I bet that was a bad day at the plant. Never been able to find them at a nursery out here. I have to buy online and plant in the summer. I want to figure out how to grow them year round indoors or a greenhouse. I took some of my guacamole to a big Super Bowl party and warned everyone. A few people kept eating it with me. It was entertaining. The cool thing is my wife used to stay away from spicy food. Now she loves spicy guacamole. We always have at least have a habanero or two in it.

We visited a farm in central VA over the weekend. The husband likes hot peppers. A friend of his was is also into hot peppers, and ordered a batch of ghost peppers a while back. They arrived in plant form (he thought he was getting actual peppers), so he gave them to the farmer, who now has a ton of plants and has started selling the peppers locally to a couple resturants. He was amazed to find seeds sell for $10 for a batch of 10 online. I may be able to get him to send me some seeds if someone is interested in trying to grow their own.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    We visited a farm in central VA over the weekend. The husband likes hot peppers. A friend of his was is also into hot peppers, and ordered a batch of ghost peppers a while back. They arrived in plant form (he thought he was getting actual peppers), so he gave them to the farmer, who now has a ton of plants and has started selling the peppers locally to a couple resturants. He was amazed to find seeds sell for $10 for a batch of 10 online. I may be able to get him to send me some seeds if someone is interested in trying to grow their own.
    Anytime. I am a pepper addict.

Quote Originally Posted by WildBoar View Post
    I would like to give it a try if you can get the seeds. The powdered version that they get from India cost $30 a pound.