Quantcast
Ghost Pepper Hot Wings - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Pepper Hot Wings

I'll get in touch with him and see what he can do.

I would definitely be interested - I have scotch bonnets and thai birds eye in the garden this year. Hoping for some good jerk chicken this fall.

I love me some good, HOT peppers too. I have Purple Jalapenos and Red Savina Habaneros growing in my garden right now, along with milder stuff like jumpo jalapenos, and Chilipenos too. Love them all! Those red savinas are super hot and the purple jalapenos add a great color to salsa and many other dishes too.

man those wings loook good but i bet they burn like hell

I have a bunch of seeds...I bought a bunch of ghost peppers in dried form about 2 years ago. They were grown in India and I have grown some out last year. This year I purchased bhut plants that I am growing from a guy in San Diego who is pretty reputable. The seeds are the real deal, the problem is that you have to start them extremely early as germination times are fairly slow...so start the seeds indoors in January and you will be set. If interested in the seeds, send me a pm...no charge. I also bought some (seeds) from the Chile Pepper Institute in NM, but no difference in the plants that I could tell...chiles were equally hot, though not as hot as many of the Trinidad peppers which I am currently finding to be my favorites. Also extremely tasty, but not quite as hot as the Bhut are the Naga Morich which I call friendly hot (can still share them with others).

Oh yeah, my avatar is actually a chocolate Bhut...not as smoky as the regular guys but equally hot.
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Quote Originally Posted by l r harner View Post
    man those wings loook good but i bet they burn like hell
    Twice

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    Not good unless it burns 2-3x's
    Chewie's the man.

I would love some seeds, too.

I grow Thai Dragon, Scotch Bonnet and Jamaican Habanero. I make relishes in the food processor with the peppers, as little vinegar as possible to get everything to blend, and a bit of salt. It comes out as a firm relish that lasts indefinitely in the refrigerator and is convenient to use. About three to one hummus to relish makes a great dip. The different pepper types go with specific foods -- Thai Dragon with pizza, Habanero with hummus and fish, and Scotch Bonnet with anything islandy.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

man, hot wings are just good, w/ a cold beer..and those look really good..

BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE THINGS! Some are hotter than others, and are truly dangerous; particulary mixed with sugar.

Hax the Cook CLEAVERS RULE!!!
    A barbeque believer will not profane pork by boiling, liquid-smoking, submeging in sous-vide, or affirm with those who do.

+ Reply to Thread