Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ghost Pepper Hot Wings

I just had Thai food for lunch, and I am sitting here with my stomach tingling from the heat. Just about the only thing that can cool you down in these Texas summers is eating some food that's worse than getting the mail barefoot.

You don't get enough credit for your chicken cooking skills, Steve. Every piece of chicken you produce looks picture perfect.

Thanks Eamon, I'll bring some chicken to the next meetup!

I am going to be trying your recipe over labor day weekend on chicken legs. Can't wait to try them.

man, those look really good....not much for hot-n-sweet though....

I am not a huge wings fan, but I have a serious love for crazy hot food. As well as a seriously unusual tolerance for it.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Just finished marinating 8lbs of chicken legs in that recipe, the hot way, with 2 cups of the ghost pepper salsa per portion of the marinate, 4 cups total salsa

Quote Originally Posted by Mingooch View Post
    Just finished marinating 8lbs of chicken legs in that recipe, the hot way, with 2 cups of the ghost pepper salsa per portion of the marinate, 4 cups total salsa
    Wow, that sounds hot! How did they turn out?

I really liked them. They went over well. Not as hot as I expected(but I am a hot/pepper freak, I grow purple jalapenos, red savina Habs). They threw a ton of heat off of the grill, but it wasnt as hot when you eat them. Very tasty and I will make them again.

Color is perfect

Very nice!

Now i'll take a chance and forever turn my name into an equivalent of "whimp"....

Anybody have seeds from red cherry peppers out there that could be donated/sold? You know the pretty mild stuff that looks lie a fatter habanero (a bit bigger and less wrinkly). You would usually find it in oil at the supermarket.
    I love taking some fresh ones and putting them on the grill and eat. Or chop up and have with meat or....

Apparently the cherry pepper we have in Sweden is not the same and nobody knows what these are

Thanks