Hanging knives?!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking of crawling into the roof my house, placing some rare earth magnets strategically around my kitchen and hanging knives from the ceiling.

I'm thinking of crawling into the roof my house, placing some rare earth magnets strategically around my kitchen and hanging knives from the ceiling.

Maybe if you put enough up there, you'll just be able to float your knives in mid-air.

That's pretty amazing, especially seeing that Beatty cleaver hanging like that.

Roof magnets! I should have thought of that when the kids were little - put same ankle weights on them and hang them upside down when not in use.

I am actually going to start a mag rack for myself soon, but am unsure of how much/many in terms of magnets and pull is too much. I am going to go out on a limb and say if I can hang my Beatty by the edge tip...its too much.

I put in an order for 100 rare earth magnets on dealextreme a week ago. Once I am back from vacation I will try to make my own version of a magblock. Hope it turns out ok...

I thought the guy at the bottom was funny. How he doesn't need anything cause he uses ceramic knives, and how they break with enough force.

How much magnetization would you expect on your carbon knives? It really would be a nuisance to have to wipe off iron shavings repeatedly because they are sticking to the blade while sharpening.

Not a good idea. I don't care what they say, you will bend/break tips like this.

Well, while I do personally use four magnetic knife bars to hang my knives from (all wood models so that I do not have to worry about scratches - see the link in my signature), I am not sure I would go as far as hanging them by their tip. It seems like an accident waiting to happen, no matter how strong the magnets are...

Well, while I do personally use four magnetic knife bars to hang my knives from (all wood models so that I do not have to worry about scratches - see the link in my signature), I am not sure I would go as far as hanging them by their tip. It seems like an accident waiting to happen, no matter how strong the magnets are...

Agree...
Looks kinda cool,but not very safe.:scared4:

Back