Stropping with pastes and sprays

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay

Founding Member
Reaction score
This is pretty common in the razor world, but how many of you use charged strops for the final assault?
CrOx?
Diamonds sprays or pastes?
CBN?

I finish with Dave's poly diamond spray on horsehide for most of my knives, I will often go to cro ox and then back to the diamond.

I use the poly diamond for daily stropping and at the end of sharpening. I also have a felt pad loaded with the blue diamond that Dave used to carry, and I include that in my sharpening routine too. Own some CrOx, but haven't used it yet. I was actually looking for some balsa just the other day. What is a good place to buy balsa strops. I know HandAmerican has the whole set-up at CKTG, but I have been holding out. Didn't care to invest in another base. Razor sites seem to have lots of DIY balsa strops, so I might do that.

k.

i like dave's diamond spray....i actually have th eolder spray and i like it waaaaay better than chromium oxide on a strop....i think it is a little easier to strop with than the chromium and creates a better edge....ryan

I recently bought Dave Ultimate stopping kit. I also got an additional leather to finish on bare leather after the charged leather. I love it. It works very well.

Back