I have been looking at the site for a year and decided to register so that I could partake of the advice and guidance from you old pros.
I working in several kitchens in my youth but am not regretably making my money in business. Cooking is still a passion but limited to a few hours per week.
My most used knives and sharpening tools are as follows:
- Miyabi 7000 MCD Santoku (HRC~64+)
- DT IDK 270mm Gyuto - Brand spanking new!
- Wusthof 10" Chefs Knife
- Wusthof 7" Santoku
- Edge Pro Apex Custom Chosera Kit
- MAC Ceramic Hone
- Wish List - Heirloom quality custom 250mm Gyuto Maybe a DT if I am lucky.
- I am hoping for some quick advice from members on the following:
- To what angle would you recomend I sharpen the Miyabi and DT IDK? I was hoping to put a thinner angle on the blades without going too crazy. Please remember that the Miyabi is extemely hard steel.
- Where should I send my blades to have the angles reset? I do not think that I want to do this with the EdgePro initially.
- Can you provide guidance on where I can get the handles replaced and upgraded on my Wusthofs? I was going to give them to a friend as a present.
I appreciate your advice and look forward to your feedback.