Need Video Editing Software Recomendation

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Looks like this is a skill I need to learn in a short order. Please advice.

M

are you using windows or mac?

You can get plenty of free software that works just fine. Depends on what your looking to do, if only youtube videos the free stuff is just fine.

Let me know and il give you some recommendations.

I use Windows. It doesn't have to be great. I would like to be able to slow down video, edit out sound, cut and splice, etc.

M

Vegas Video, or Movie studio, or whatever they're calling it now. The pro version is a few hundred bucks, but I think you can get a basic home version for under $50. The franchise has been around for a looong time so there's lots of free tutorials and youtube videos that will help you figure out how to do what you want when you get stuck early on in the learning curve.

Windows movie maker is included in XP, for Win 7 there's a free download available. Tried it on XP for 15 minutes a few years back and had no problem cutting a video in that time.

If you aren't trying to alter the video itself, just edit clips, speed up and slow down, add titles/subtitles, narration, transitions...I do all that in Windows Live Movie Maker. There are not a lot of other buttons to get lost in. It does what it does and not much else.
:dontknow:

Thanks!
I will try Windows Movie Maker as I already have it.

M

Soney vegas pro. will get you going for a free mo. After that you can decide later. I used that first and tried windows movie maker. Compared to each other is like comparing a Tanaka with a Chicago Cutlery. Also vegas pro has a learning program that comes with it. After that you can look at a pro setup and know what is going on.

I am looking to move to something higher in editing software myself, but that is for another time.

Soney vegas pro. will get you going for a free mo. After that you can decide later. I used that first and tried windows movie maker. Compared to each other is like comparing a Tanaka with a Chicago Cutlery. Also vegas pro has a learning program that comes with it. After that you can look at a pro setup and know what is going on.

I am looking to move to something higher in editing software myself, but that is for another time.

What are you talking about? All programs are free always. :D

What are you talking about? All programs are free always. :D
ya I do like commerce, it helps to pay the people that make cool stuff. Other wise you get one of your favorite games go free to play and it goes down hill from there.

Back