Twin Cermax Birchwood MD67

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cclin

Reaction score
hi: anybody know any information about these knives?? they look much better than old twin cermax md67 with red micarta handel!! :thumbsup:
santoku_1.jpg
cooks_0.jpg

i prefer the old style, as kasumi is easier to maintain than kitaeji. i'm sure they are great knives, though, as the old cermax knives were great (kinda wish i hadn't sold my 240mm chefs).

I like the look of those better than the old ones. Competition for the birchwood miyabis?

the old style is also Kitaeji
4c0fc67526c9317878e83ef166821f7e9b539a99_m.jpg

I wouldn't be caught dead holding something that chromed out. I noticed there's quite a few Shuns with similar ultra-bling cladding. It's a shame.

Regardless of the handle material, the Cermax has been around a long time, and I thought discontinued because the price of the 66RC (ZDP) steel was too expensive.

The steel is super ware resistant, really not that hard to maintain, but a hassle to thin. Profile of the 240 gyuto was good; geometry was OK- a touch thick behind the edge; handle was clunky and heavy- livable with the large gyuto, but unbearable with any other size.

The cladding on the original series was much too soft, and scratched super easy; I'd bet the damascus clad are no better....

I wouldn't be caught dead holding something that chromed out. I noticed there's quite a few Shuns with similar ultra-bling cladding. It's a shame.

ZDP steel is what I want!!:knife:

I bet it wouldn't be too hard to find one from a member here ( a Cermax anyway; not sure about the birchwood, although for the savings, you could get it rehandled). Maybe try a WTB in the BST????

Back