Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CTS-XHP

CTS-XHP

Does anybody have a blank for sale or trade? I would like to try it, but don't want to buy a whole sheet.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I don't... but I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your testing.

Marko, I have one of Butch Harner's little petty knives in that steel. It took me a while to get it really sharp, but it seems to stay that way. I too am curious to hear what you discover.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

I would like to compare it with PM steel I am using. I might end up pass around a knife in it, so i can be compared to both XHP and CPM154. It would have to come after 52100 passaround though.

M

It does not seem an easy purchase in smaller amounts.I do not need a full sheet either.

Yep, same here. Aldo doesn't have it and neither AKS, so smaller quantities is hard to get.

M

Call up Butch. Maybe he can direct you, or make a little trade.

I just used it for the first time, yesterday, and it seems really nice. Of course, it was only one use, and with the beautiful edge Butch put on, but it seems as though the edge is going to hold for a while.

It'll be fun to read your results.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

i am getting ready to order a sheet or 2 and in the interest of testing i can help you out

Hey Butch, that would be great. I will get some CPM154 from Aldo as well and compare.

M

Classic Butch!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com