Quantcast
Greetings from Darkest Renton.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Darkest Renton....

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Welcome!

Welcome to the forum, neighbor!

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Welcome, hope to enjoy watching you find more soulful knives! Renton as in Wa or Va or neither?
    It's Renton, WA - a suburb of Seattle, which I <thought> was going to be an affordable, but dull, place to live - which turns out to be way more interesting than it first appears.

There are three very good places in Renton to buy unusual grub, Viet Wah (large store packed with SE Asian goodies), Uwajamaya (Japanese focused with above average fish), and DK Market (sort of an Exotic Foods Costco, bleak warehouse stuffed with interesting foreign goodies at knock-down prices, has the best Ukrainian Deli in town) - so I'm a pretty happy camper.

Cheers

Jim

Welcome. With a growing cadre of knives and such great resources at hand, cooking should grow more exciting for you. Enjoy!
    Do not tell me I can't, let me succeed or fail. Even a failure is a small success.

Howdy

[/QUOTE]Attachment 8910[/QUOTE]

Welcome! Fix the tip.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

"Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate!"

Attachment 8910[/QUOTE]

Welcome! Fix the tip. [/QUOTE]

Yes, this project is well in hand, the tip has been reground like a Bunka Hocho​ with an Edo-style reverse bevel, which I believe was how it was intended to be finished - it looks very much like the knife in this URL:

http://www.knifeforums.com/forums/sh...19/tid/885453/

Still wondering why I can no longer post attachments....?

Cheers

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Chifunda View Post
    "Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate!"
    But those of us on the American Left Coast, where we're too illiterate to quote Dante Alighieri simply say:

"Arbiet McFries...
    Ya want 'em Supersized?"

Cheers

Jim

You must be somewhere else because Renton has been fantastically sunny this summer! I'm a knife maker in the east Renton highlands and I love it down here mainly because there are no rediculous hipsters wasting space. I also love viet wah, but not as much as the top of the hill market where Shawn and teds meat market is. There are so many great shops and businesses up here and all so close it's impossible not to love this area, in my opinion at least. It used to take me 25 minutes to commute from magnolia to Capitol hill for work, living in Renton I'm there in 17 minutes. I love it here.
    If you're ever in the market for a handmade high carbon steel knife and exotic wood saya, just drop me a line.

-Matt