Marketing Team: Window Display in the Making

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to post a behind the scenes of Korin's marketing department, those who live too far away to visit us frequently or have never visited us. When we're not running around like headless chickens in the showroom doing sales, planning events, cleaning, checking into forums, slamming our heads against our desks thinking of ways to improve, eating (best thing about working in the hospitality/culinary industry! There is always food at Korin. LOL) and blah blah... We're doing arts and craft, or decorating. :)

This month's promotion

For the August promotional sale, we decided to make clay food (since we can't use real food without it rotting/attracting bugs) to fill bamboo disposables!!

Our previous showroom display, showcasing our Ion Strong Wine Glasses as chandeliers and a nice table set up.

Showroom Window Display: Behind the Scenes!

549680_10151075497744304_1356087612_n.jpg

Dango made of sculpey clay!

549553_10151075786314304_106918390_n.jpg

Takoyaki. We put bits of purple and green pieces to make it look octopus bits and scallions, but you can't really see it.

Final Window Display

Do you like our xiao long bao (pork soup dumplings)? We were getting hungry while making these, and thought about going to NY's famous Joe's Shanghai for them. :D

Nice Japanese wind chimes for the summer :)

Putting up the back drop

Whole table setting.

DONE! View from the outside. Meet my co-marketing partners, Wendy and one of our web/marketing designers, Kyoka.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed my post. :)

Good looking on the clay work. Those olives on the martini look great.

Good thing it's behind glass; hopefully that will stop someone from trying to eat it!

Wow, I love the boat shaped trays! The whole window looks great, but the trays caught my attention.

Thanks everyone! :D

Clay food has become really popular in Japan, so we're working on making them for the showroom displays. Homemade clay food! lol :)

20110805170536a34.jpg

^^^ Clay sushi! (not made by us... but someday!)

here is a hint about ice cream. Crisco with a melon baller makes great looking ice cream.

Back