Carbon Dated Ancient Bog Oak - Flawless Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just got these blocks back from being stabilized at K&G this morning.
These blocks came from a batch of Bog Oak I had imported from the Ukraine a couple months ago.
Some people had requested some of this wood without being stabilized so I listed a few dozen blocks in my webstore. They all sold within hours.
There were quite a few others who had requested some stabilized blocks. Now they are finally ready.
What I had done was set aside what I felt were the very best blocks to get stabilized.
These blocks cost more than the others for a couple reasons.
#1 I felt they were the best ones and #2 the cost of getting them stabilized.
They may cost a little more than what you have been paying for normal wood handle material, but I think you will agree that for what you are getting they are a good deal. I am so sure you will love these blocks that they come with a "no questions asked, money back guarantee".
Free Shipping Worldwide as well.
I have copies of the carbon dating reports for this wood. If you get a block and want a hard copy of the report just make a note during checkout and I will send it with your blocks.

Click on the photo to go where these blocks are located in the web store.

If you are a member of one of the knife forums you can have a small discount off your purchase by entering the letters forum in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout.

If you are a repeat customer you can have a slightly larger discount off your purchase by entering the letters repeat in the field that asks if you have a promotional code during checkout. I felt that my repeat customers should be given a slightly larger discount.

To Contact me with any questions or special requests you can email [email protected] or call 541-592-5071 during the day.

Payment for store purchases are processed using PayPal.
If you would prefer to make payment over the phone with a card we can do that as well. Just add the items you want to get to your shopping cart. Complete the checkout process. When you get to payment method select check/money order. In the notes section state that you will be paying over the phone with a card.

These are the carbon dating reports for these blocks.
5460.jpg

3430-1.jpg

2840-1.jpg

I forgot to mention the age of these blocks.
There are 4 that are 2840 years old.
12 that are 3430 years old.
11 that are 5460 years old.

Minus the ones that a couple of the guys here already got as I was loading them in the store.

lol you saying he gets to sand wood soaked in dino dung????

Yea, I haven't been scratching the wood itch for a bit, but this took me over the edge... awesome stuff !!

lol you saying he gets to sand wood soaked in dino dung????
Yesterday I was covered from head to toe with D/D powder.
Didn't smell bad but I looked kind of funny. Kind of like a raccoon.

It's nicer than som old dino crap I have usen, no where near as musshy, nor does it stink when ground. Easy clean up as well!!
Sneak peek!!
IMG-20120803-00112.jpg

Only 4 blocks left.
This is not something that is easy for me to get.
I am going to try to get more but you have to jump through a lot of hoops buying and selling with Russia.

:excuseme::beatinghead::angry1::angryexplode: (I'm hating him... preciousssssss!)

Back