Best Wall-Mounted Knife Rack?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitonboy

Reaction score
Now that I have all these knives, I have one knife block and two under-cabinet blocks; I was wondering if anyone makes the kind of wooden rack that bolts onto the wall with slots cut into the top (like the ones a member was trying to give away in SLC), or if there are particular magnetic racks that are secure but don't have a lot of exposed metal on which I will bang my knife blade? The glassed-in knife case is a little elaborate for my situation

Mine works well and is convenient. It is the 12" version.

USknives.jpg

IMG_2855.jpg

Here is a Boardsmith rack done in cherry,I don't know if he still makes them

Another happy Mag Block owner here. The very convexed ones do tend to spin a bit though. Good hold.

My friend is working on designing a rack. I might have to help him get the magnets set up so as not to spin the knives.

I wanna guess! I say it's a Dave handle.

*edit* No, too coke bottle shaped. Ok That was my guess.

Possibly, but i have never seen Dave do a bottle shape handle, and Dave usually uses spacers.

Another happy Mag Block owner here. The very convexed ones do tend to spin a bit though. Good hold.

My friend is working on designing a rack. I might have to help him get the magnets set up so as not to spin the knives.

Mine does the same thing unless I place the knives in the right spot. It seems the magnetic field is stongest in four spots. If I place the knives centered on those spots, they don't rotate. After a while, I got used to it and it is not a problem. Curious though.

anniesarc on ebay made my racks in solid walnut, hes a great guy from the states and not that expensive. my custom order was 79 inches and i think i payd 200$

IMG_0331.jpg

2012-06-01223044.jpg

Mr. Magnus...

That whole seeting you got there is awesome! Did you craft that yourself (with the mags you purchased) or did you have the cabinet made? If so, can you tell me where? Ive bren looking for a set up like that for a while... The lighting gives it a nice touch...

Thanks!

Mr. Magnus...

That whole seeting you got there is awesome! Did you craft that yourself (with the mags you purchased) or did you have the cabinet made? If so, can you tell me where? Ive bren looking for a set up like that for a while... The lighting gives it a nice touch...

Thanks!

Thanks. well the only thing i didnt make was the racks. i was looking for months to find a cabinet like this and didnt find anything so i built it myself. if you want help with how to build one you can pm me.
regards.

Back