• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bunch of J-nats Second Round

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwrightthruya

Reaction score
Ok Everyone,

I am still weeding out my J-nat collection. Here is the second round of J-nats. I decided to put it in a new thread as the other thread was getting a little confusing with my price drops and the things that had already sold. So, mods can delete the old one if necessary.

I did not provide bevel Finish Pictures for Knives, but if you are interested I would be more than happy to provide them Via PM.

All asking prices do not include shipping or paypal fees. If you do a bank transfer then I will cover the shipping.

To begin:

Here is a set of J-nat Edge pro stones, asking $275 for the entire set. I am also willing to break up the set if anyone is interested in a single stone, see the prices beside each stone.

Stone List is as Follows from Most coarse to most fine (From Left to Right):

1“ Amakusa Red: Approximately 800 grit speed-finishes in the 1k range ($30)

1.25” Aoto- There are 2. Approximately 3k grit. ($35 each)

2” Belgian Blue (This one has a small cut at one end but does not affect sharpening) ($40)

1” Tsushima Nagura: Approximately 5-7K finish ($40)

1” Hideriyama Namito (There are 2 of these and are extra thick)-Excellent 10K Finish ($40 each or $60 for the Pair)

2” Hideriyama Renge Suita: Finishes 8-10K ($85)

2” Nakayama Kiita to Light Asagi- 10-15K Finish with an exceptional edge ($105)

1.5” Ozuku Asagi (Traveler Stones bought from Maxim): unmounted to an edge pro blank- Spectacular 15-20K finish. Not lapped but tested, will lap and prep for work upon request. ($80)

edge+pro.jpg

Ozuku Pure Asagi (8”x3”x1.25”) ($200.00): This is a hard stone (Lv 4.5)- If used correctly provides a good final finish to kitchen knives- Can also be used as a pre-polisher for straight razors. None of the lines you see can be felt and do not scratch. Stone is already sealed and lapped.
Ozuku+Asagi+2.jpg

Ozuku+Asagi+1.jpg

Ozuku (8”x3”x1.25”) ($190.00): This is a hard stone (Lv 4)- If used correctly provides a good finish- Final finisher for knives and pre-polisher for straight razors. Stone is already sealed and lapped.
Ozuku+2.jpg

Ozuku+3.jpg

Ozuku+1.jpg

Ozuku San, Pure Mizu Asagi LV5+ ( 8.25” x 2.25” x 1”) ($240)
Awesome final finisher for Straight Razors, with original stamps. Not much else to say!!!
ozuku+mizu.jpg

San Aoto (200mm x 40mm x 40mm) (Sealed and Lapped-$90, Not sealed/lapped $80). (Together $155)
These are excellent middle stones, 3-5k finish. Can be used with knives or straight razors. Both of these stones are very even in texture and grit, and are quite a bit harder/finer than your “average” aoto. One stone is sealed and lapped (the one I am holding), while the other is not sealed or lapped. You can find a full write up with finish blade photos on the aoto shootout in the review section.

san+aoto.jpg

san+aotos.jpg

Very Large Hakka With Renge Patterns (LV 2.3-3) (205mmx 75mm x 45mm)
($495)-

This stone is an absolute marvel, with tons of renge, and absolutely no visible inclusions. It produces a luxurious and thick mud quite easily and is very even in texture and grit. Good as a finisher in its own right, but excellent as a pre-finisher for an Atagoyama or Ohira Renge Suita. This stone is very fast for it’s fineness. Comes with a wooden storage box. You can find a full write up of this complete with Photos and knife finish on my hakka renge review.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/6705-Hakka-Renge-Review

Ohira Renge Suita (LV 3.5) (8” x3” x1.5”) (Cream Colored) ($695)
There is not much to say about this stone except WOW!!!!! It is one of the best final finishers I have come across for knives and can be easily used as a prepolisher for straight razors. I am selling this one only because I have 3 others. It is hard for a Suita and does not produce mud very easily, however it is incredibly fast and fine, a combination of features not often seen. In my opinion a true a gem!
ors.jpg

ohira+renge+suita.jpg

Thanks For Looking,
Regards,
Chris

Lapped and sealed san aoto sold pending Payment. Thanks. Chris

I'm interested in the other San Aoto!! PM incoming!

After a few discussions, I have decided to make a single reduction on 3 of the listed stones.

New Prices plus Paypal Fee and Shipping:

Ozuku San Mizu Pure Asagi: $220
Hakka Renge: $460
Ohira Renge Suita:$625

OOOOHHHH!!! You are pure evil, told my self no new stones for a while, but that Hakka is almost the only one I don't have and it looks like a great performer. Thinking.......so tempting..........:devilburn:

In response to a PM about the Ohira Renge Suita...The lines on the Suita are normal, as well as the yellow coloring. NONE of the Lines Can be felt, and most definitely, DO NOT affect sharpening in any way.

Thanks,
Chris

I am surprised that no one took Hakka and Ohira yet. Both are very good stones !!!

Hakka sold pending payment. Thanks. Chris.

Edge Pro Stones
Ozuku Asagi
Ozuku
Ozuku San Mizu Asagi
Ohira
All still available.

Prices listed above, plus paypal fee and shipping.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi All,

This is my last stone sell, I am going to New York the end of the week and want the extra cash. I am going to add 2 new stones and drop the price of the Ohira to $575.
Whatever I do not sell by the end of the week, I am going to keep.

First Up-
Ozuku Pure Kiita San- (8.25"x 2.25"x 1.20")-LV4.5 hardness ($320)
This is a beautiful stone, and works as beautifully as it looks. It is a great final finisher for knives and an excellent prepolisher for straight razors. If you are in the natural stone market, you are most likely already aware of the increased demand and successive price hike in all things kiita. This stone has a smooth buttery feel both on straights and knives, and in incredibly fast. It provides an excellent contrast between the hagane and jigane.
DSC_0837.jpg

Next Up-
Chu Nagura Full Size (205mmx75mmx43mm)- ($550)
This is a true collection stone, a rare, full sized, sword grade, Chu Nagura. The pictures speak for themselves so I will not discuss its beauty. This is an exceptionally fast stone, easily following a Binsui or even a 1-2k synthetic. It is much harder than full sized Asano nagura and the slurry breaks down quite rapidly, yielding an exceptional 7-8K finish...if you can pull slurry from it. I often use it on Shiges just before my final finisher...

DSC_0830.jpg

DSC_0846.jpg

I got one of the San Aoto from Chris this week and it is awesome! I just wish I had more money for some of the other stones!!

Back