Beer, Bourbon & BBQ in Cary, NC

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
We had a terrific day at this event yesterday. They always manage to sell out their advance tickets early and each year the crowds get bigger. I can see this event having to move to a bigger facility at some point.

DSC_0158.jpg
DSC_0159.jpg
The booth took a while to set up and at the end of the day it looked a lot different.

DSC_0160.jpg
This is the upper area where the vendors were set up. At the busiest time it was even more crowded than the photo shows. I had to wait until I had enough time to snap a quick photo so this isn't as good of a representation of how crowded it actually was.

DSC_0162.jpg
The tasting tent was extremely popular! Most of the day the line was 5 to 6 deep waiting. I believe I remember hearing there were over 40 beer tasting areas and 30 or more bourbon areas. Cigars were also available. Suprisingly, even with all the booze available, I didn't see anyone who was out of line or overly inebreated.

Wow, great looking booth. Nice work! Hope you were able to get away and taste some food.

Dave, it looks like you came prepared! I hope it was hugely successful for you.

Thanks Tom, it was very good. I sold about 1/3 of what I brought.

I never know what to bring so I try to bring a good selection. Most of the sales were for the smaller boards and the larger ones had a lot of timre kickers. Some of those will call later with orders.

Dave, we call them "lid lifters."

At first I was trying to figure out what Dave was talking about, but now I get it. Wish I could've made it out to this. Looks like a good time. Beer, Bourbon and BBQ are 3 of my favorite "B's". I think it's what they call a trifecta.

Oh man! I'm still in the area living out of a hotel and spent the weekend b!tching that I had nothing to do! I wish I had known about this!!! Looks like it was a great crowd, a good time, and good business. Congrats Dave!

Back