Quantcast
Murphy's Law in Action - USPS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Murphy's Law in Action - USPS

Murphy's Law in Action - USPS

I needed to get a knife to a customer quickly, as he is going on vacation and would like to take the knife with him. So, I send a package via USPS Express Mail, with Next Day delivery. You pay extra for peace of mind, but unfortunately, I got the opposite.

That was Friday last week and the package was to be delivered on Saturday by noon. It wasn't there on Saturday, it wasn't there on Monday. In fact, as of Tuesday morning, the package is still untraceable. I am dealing with it as well as I can and have put together a contingency plan (replacement), but the question begs asking how can a company stay solvent if it can't guarantee quality of its flagship service?

Extremely disappointing. Extremely is probably an understatement.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfi...=eo918775536us

M

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I have had that exact issue with USPS with Next Day service on multiple occasions. The last time I used them it took a week for an extremely time sensitive document to reach me from a client. I have also had UPS deliver tax returns to the wrong address and check off that they were delivered which is completely unacceptable considering the private nature of the documents. We have moved over to DHL and FedEx for most of our time sensitive shipping and use the postal service for the rest.

Sorry you have to go through that Marko, hopefully it was insured.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    The link says it was insured. I have used usps for everything, but I haven't sent anything overnight. Most of the time the package shows up a day after (when I sent my small vg10 blade to Mano). Some times I notice the tracking wont show were it went off to, which is a big disappointment to me. I have noticed the same with ups too.

Every time I have received from fed ex there has been something wrong. First time the package sat here for 3 days I got a not scheduled for delivery on the tracking. Another time it was delivered 100 miles away and was lost for 3 days too, and that one was over nighted. Fed ex has a very negative taste in my mouth. I hope this works out Marko.
    Chewie's the man.

I have had much better luck with UPS/FedEX/DHL than USPS on ensuring things arrive when expected. Also, if you setup a biz account with them, you can usually negotiate better prices than the standard rates. (I work for a large corporation and we usually pay about 20% of the standard rate...but we have tremendous negotiating power for this.)
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Sorry to hear about this, Marko. I hope the package eventually turns up.

Quote Originally Posted by markenki View Post
    Sorry to hear about this, Marko. I hope the package eventually turns up.

Yeah, so do I!
    Everywhere you go, there you are.

Sorry :-( If we have to overnight, we use Fed-Ex. We'll use UPS for bigger stuff. If it's private/ confidential, or has some monetary value, we send 'signature required'. USPS is a crapshoot; it's good 95% of the time, but that other 5% can be a killer.

USPS is usually ok, but I don't like to take the risk. UPS or DHL are my preferred carriers. I have never had a good experience with FedEx.

"how can a company stay solvent if it can't guarantee quality of its flagship service?"

The postal service is far from solvent, and far from reliable. Its tracking service doesn't track anything except delivery, if that. I avoid it whenever possible, and certainly with anything of any value. Unfortunately, Congress will not allow commercial services like UPS and FedEx to provide regular mail service. If it did, USPS would be out of business in no time.
    If you reach the age of 60 without becoming a curmudgeon, you haven't been paying attention.

And this is exactly why Korin can't rely on USPS for shipping... They don't come pick up packages consistently, the tracking is unreliable, and to top it all off they occasionally lose packages.

I hope your package show up and good luck!!

+ Reply to Thread