Away in Russia, Germany, Denmark and London: Recommendations?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korin_Mari

Reaction score
I will be in Russia, Germany, Sweden, Denmark and London until August 31st. I'll be in Stockholm, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Berlin, Copenhagen, and London. Any recommendations to where I should visit while I'm there?

If I am currently working on an order with you, I will of course continue to work with you and make sure your order gets to you safe and sound. The only thing that will happen is that I will be in a different time zone with bad internet. I can still help! :)

Please email me here or at Mari (at) korin . com to get in contact with me.

Wow that's quite a trip! Hope you have some good times while you're out there.

Thank you thank you! :)

I'm hoping to check out a few supermarkets and farmers markets if I can find any.
LOL I love supermarkets...

Thank you thank you! :)

I'm hoping to check out a few supermarkets and farmers markets if I can find any.
LOL I love supermarkets...

I found some interesting things in Russian grocery stores, Farmers markets in Germany were great. Have a great trip.

St. P -- visit the Hermitage (will take the better part of the day). Walk across a bridge or two right ouside of there and there's a fort and church to tour. Take a 'bridge tour' up the river to look at the buildings and bridges.

Berlin: If you're into history--especially of the middle east and Egypt--visit the Pergamon Museum and the Ägyptisches Museum. They have stunning archeological collections of some of the most famous stuff from antiquity including one of the gates of Babylon and the famous bust of Nefertiti. Of course there is also the Brandenburg Gate, the Berlin Cathedral and the remnants of the Berlin Wall to view. And if you're not into history, Berlin has a pretty legendary nightclub scene.

Unfortunately, I've only ever made short trips to Berlin (while I lived in Germany I was in the south) so I can't make many recommendations on food or less touristy stuff. :(

I found some interesting things in Russian grocery stores, Farmers markets in Germany were great. Have a great trip.

Cool! :D I'll look into them. Just out of curiosity, what did you find that you thought was interesting in the grocery stores? Some weird fruits perhaps?

St. P -- visit the Hermitage (will take the better part of the day). Walk across a bridge or two right ouside of there and there's a fort and church to tour. Take a 'bridge tour' up the river to look at the buildings and bridges.

Bridge Tour sounds fun. I'll be sure to do that! Thanks for the recommendation! :)

Berlin: If you're into history--especially of the middle east and Egypt--visit the Pergamon Museum and the Ägyptisches Museum. They have stunning archeological collections of some of the most famous stuff from antiquity including one of the gates of Babylon and the famous bust of Nefertiti. Of course there is also the Brandenburg Gate, the Berlin Cathedral and the remnants of the Berlin Wall to view. And if you're not into history, Berlin has a pretty legendary nightclub scene.

Unfortunately, I've only ever made short trips to Berlin (while I lived in Germany I was in the south) so I can't make many recommendations on food or less touristy stuff. :(

Thanks! I love history and was looking at a few museums, but I couldnt really decide. Now I know where to go! :D I'm only going to be there for a day or two, so it'll be perfect.

Oh cool, what were you doing in Germany? Study?

Latest posts

Back