• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Carter 7.4sun kurouchi funayuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
Up for sale is my Carter 7.4sun (~8 3/4" according to Carter's site, but I haven't measured it personally so it may have been slightly rounded up) kuro-uchi funayuki. I played with it for about a month and once the initial edge wore down I put it away and used other knives and it's really just sat there ever since. This is my second Carter but I just don't know if they're for me, I prefer heavier knives and have really taken a liking to cleavers. So for that reason I'm just gonna let this one go. I've never hit it with the stones so it will need a touch up. I am just a home cook so it's never seen hard use. In the last picture you can see a bit of light orange rust that's formed in the markings.

I'm asking $275 + $15 for domestic shipping, insurance & fees. The only funayukis Carter currently has listed in similar lengths are from his high grade line which will run you about $300 more. No trades, please, except for maybe a 240 Kochi gyuto.

carter.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Beautiful knife, someone will be a very happy!

Back