Quantcast
Kato 27cm chefs knife. Maxim delivers - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kato 27cm chefs knife. Maxim delivers

So I tried my best! But Im total amateur at everything I do so this is a shite video plus its made with kodak compact camera.

But you get the idea. This is how thinned glestain, Gesshin Ittetsu and Kato cuts through celeriac.
    All were sharpened to the point I was happy with the edge, not to the same level of finishing. And so the Glestain was jns 1k -> binsui -> strop -> binsui.
    The ittetsu was quite similar but with some strokes on aoto, and kato was ended on strop-> ohira -> strop -> ohira. So not the biggest ite to the edge here, just sharpness.
    After i thought, I should cut slice closest to camera with Kato, but you get the idea of hows the performance.

Its most in the feeling, but you also see how the other blades get stuck, and how the kato goes through. Take into account, its 5mm thick

also eat this!

Some pics of Shig, Gesshin and Kato together with grind

Nice review and nice pics. I just didn't get what kid of steel the knife is made of. Feel disappointed that I couldn't try it at Marielyst.

Would like to see same test with same finish (ohira) on all edges if possible. Thanks

Thanks for the video!

Wow, you guys must have different celeriac out there. I can cut a potato like that with my Heiji, but I haven't met any knife that cuts celeriac like that.

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Would like to see same test with same finish (ohira) on all edges if possible. Thanks
    Sorry, dont put any stainless on the ohira. Its just no point

But yeah, for the sake of testing, i can do that. It might just not be the bitiest of edges, especially on the glestain.
    And I dont really know when I gonna get a chance to cut whole celeriac home again...

Cool, film not necessary, maybe you can do the test at work and report back. I just thought it may be a better comparison--at least between the carbon blades. Should say that the Kato looked ridiculous going through the celeriac though...must be a great knife!

Thanks!
    one man gathers what another man spills...

Quote Originally Posted by heirkb View Post
    Thanks for the video!

Wow, you guys must have different celeriac out there. I can cut a potato like that with my Heiji, but I haven't met any knife that cuts celeriac like that.
    That might be.

Ours werent genetically modified so they could be used as a missiles againt chinese.