del ealy, western handled knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pescador

Engorged Member
Reaction score
Dave has alluded to Del being amenable to making western style handled knives. Del later posted that hes got a western WIP. I really like Del's split wa lazer styling, but maybe a couple of pictures of the western? Pretty please Del?!

Pesky

:headbang: I bet those would be nice...!!! By the way... he should patent those split wa handles... as far as I am concerned... they are the greatest thing since sliced bread! It makes a huge improvement on the feel of the knife (Balance Rocks!!) :viking:

I am amenable to western handles and I will do them for custom orders, on occasion.
I really wanted to take the best of what I saw in the japanese style and add my own style.
I think I have suceeded, there has only been positive reponse to my style and I am going to keep doing my thing.
As far as the patent thing goes I appreciate the compliment, this is my style and I think everyone will recognize that now, If anyone wants to copy my style let them try, its harder to get perfect than it looks. :viking: (I love this smiley)

rene1.jpg

So sleepy asked me for a western handled knife and wanted it out of stainless damascus as well. Here is the first shot of the blade, a few holes and its time to heat treat. :viking:

that looks really nice Del! I really would love to hear more about your stainless damascus!

Del,
How does that compare to your fusion knife? Is that a slicer? Looks like the blade hight is a little shorter.

BTW, you are awesome!

Awesome just wish it was O1/L6....any pictures of something like that?

Pesky

Good looking knife right there, congratulations!:viking:

Del has been a pleasure to work with. I can't wait to get my hands on this one.

I did have fun making that one although it took a bit longer than I planned(life getting in the way of working)
Thanks for all of the positive comments.

I got to hold the amboyna/maple one. It has such presence in the hand....the balance is unbelievable. It's light in the hand, making for fast, yet controlled fun. Not really having any real experience with other kitchen knives, i think i spoiled myself from the start lol. I really dont think it would be possible for someone to to experience anything but utmost joy at handling one of these.

Latest posts

Back