Quantcast
Anybody here in Toronto?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody here in Toronto?

Anybody here in Toronto?

I'm going to be in Toronto for a couple of days next week and thought I might see if any of you live in the area and want a free beer, eh
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

Yeah, there are some of us from around Toronto When are you gonna be in town over here?
    Len

Most likely Wed/Thur/Fri...but not confirmed yet.

I live in Hamilton, about 45 minutes from Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    I'm going to be in Toronto .... you live in the area and want a free beer, eh
    Careful with this guy. His 'eh' comment sounds like the typical US joke about English-speaking Canadians!

Quote Originally Posted by Cutty Sharp View Post
    Careful with this guy. His 'eh' comment sounds like the typical US joke about English-speaking Canadians!
    Yes it was! I've spent enough time in Toronto to know that it's a horrible caricature though...in fact, I've never heard anyone up there say it. The first smiley icon was also a reference to the way Canadian characters are drawn on SouthPark.

The first lesson in speaking Torontonian: pronounce the city name as "toh-rahn-oh", the second T is silent
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    The first lesson in speaking Torontonian: pronounce the city name as "toh-rahn-oh", the second T is silent
    I got busted on this one my last trip up there! People kept smiling when I would say the name...eventually I found someone who wasn't too polite to tell me

Kinda like my home town, no one says, "lih-tull-rok"...it's almost Li'Rock. just the slightest L before the R.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwiefel View Post
    Yes it was! I've spent enough time in Toronto to know that it's a horrible caricature though...in fact, I've never heard anyone up there say it. The first smiley icon was also a reference to the way Canadian characters are drawn on SouthPark.
    Clever icon.

The 'eh's are a private thing we break out only when outsiders aren't around. You, sir, are not in the circle of trust!

Quote Originally Posted by echerub View Post
    Shh! Please keep stuff like this under your hat, Len. Hush-hush.

But I agree - and tire having to pronounce it 'To-ron-to' so that foreigners can understand.

Milwaukee is the same way to the locals its Muh wah kee